Part XVI

Jin opened the door and took a slight bow, “Your Majesty”.

“Jin, you know, I love you and your wings but please step aside, your towering over her”, Mara playfully tease.

The angel smiled and moved to reveal the beautiful nymph.

“Your Majesty”, she curtsied but Mara rushed to her.

“No, no. Let’s not be so formal”, the queen softly grasp her arm and brought her to a chair and took the seat in front of her, while the two angels sat on the settee.

The nymph was mesmerized by the beauty around her. The tapestries, the chairs, the floor and even the lights are all designed in gold and white.

She was so used to their simple lives in the forest she forgot how the world had changed around them. She didn’t notice all the attention were on her because of her overwhelming feeling of the place.

“Nikaia?”, Mara felt sad knowing that the Dryads are the only nymphs who had chosen to live in the old ways. She understood why the nymph was so mesmerized with her surrounding but felt unhappy that this beauty is hidden from the world.

The nymph blushed when she, at last, notice their eyes on her, especially the queen. The last time she saw her, she was wearing an ordinary dark cloak and a simple dress but now the fairy in front of her is dressed in a lavish and gorgeous gown fit for a royal.

“I’m sorry if I entered your kingdom without prior notice”, Nikaia sits up straight, reminding herself that she’s still the mistress of the Dryads.

“You are always welcome here, Nikaia”.

“You...you remember my name”.

“Why  would I forget a friend?”.

The nymph was surprise with this. The Dryads are known for their detachment with the world and so, her friends and her acquaintances are only her sisters, the Dryads.

“Thank you”, was all she could reply.

“No, I should be thanking you. You had welcomed us and treated us as guests”.

“But I wasn’t any of help. You still lost your father”, Nikaia will never forget the devastated princess with five escorts, who courageously stepped into their territory, hoping to find the only thing that could save her father.

“How did you know?”, Mara doubts that the nymph would be aware of this.

“Everyone addresses you as the queen”.

The fairy sadly smiled at the truth and the memory of her loss.

She’s smart. Namjoon glanced at his cousin, who he just noticed, had never leave his eyes on the nymph. He moved his leg to touch Jin’s.

Heard me?

What?, Jin was confused by Namjoon’s distraction but the latter just raised his brow.

This is interesting.

What? What is interesting, Joon?

You’re enchanted with her!

No, I’m not! Jin turned his attention to the two females talking but Namjoon isn’t finish with his teasing.

This is the first time I saw you look at a female like that.

Shut up! The older angel ignored his cousin and observed the being with beautiful red hair and hypnotic gaze.

His eyes studied every detail on her body just like he remembered the night on that cave. Her soft white dress clung to her just like a second skin. Nymphs are enchantresses and he would lie if he would say otherwise. But why are you barefoot? He saw the redness and the small bruises on her feet, then remembered that the Dryads didn’t care for latest innovations such as shoes. And why are you alone?

“I’m glad that you’re here but why are you alone?”, Mara questioned. Surely, the Dyads would never let their mistress wander without any security.

“I ...... I...... I don’t want to burden my sisters with this”, Nikaia paused and turned to the two angels, “I came here because I need your aid?”.

The duo looked at each other and was about to say something when a knock was heard.

Mara nods to Namjoon and the angel called aloud, “Enter”.

“Your Majesty”, Heaven and Jungkook came in.

“Oh, nice timing. I want you to meet a friend of mine, I mean, ours”, Mara giggled, knowing that the youngest angel got the word of a guest and had informed his girlfriend. Heaven rushed to her side and eyed the nymph with fascination.

“Heaven, I want you to meet, Nikaia, the mistress of the Dryads”.

The nephilim was captivated of the female being’s fairness, “a forest nymph? A real forest nymph? Oh, I’m sorry, your highness”, she took a quick curtsy to the Dryad and was rewarded with a sweet laugh from the latter.

“Yes, babe a real forest nymph”, Jungkook whispered on her ear.

“She’s different from the nymphs we saw on the river. She’s more beautiful and ......”, she was interrupted by Namjoon.

“You know she can hear you, right?”, He went to stand beside Mara.

“Please pardon our dear Heaven for her naiveté”, Jin also stands up and move towards the nephilim. He put his arm around her shoulder and turned to face Nikaia, “she’s a human”.

The nymph looked confused, “A human? How can she ....?”.

“see us? Well, half-half basically. A Nephilim”, Jin explained but her reaction was the same, so he continued, “she’s half human and half angel”.

“Oh”, was her curt answer.

“It would be an honor if you’ll stay here for awhile”, Mara hoped that she would accept her invitation and was glad when the nymph nods her head.

“Nikaia, about this ........aid, what do you want us to help you with?”, Namjoon said.

“Please call me, Nika but you’re asking the wrong question”.

The winged beings stared into each other. They know that look. The look of desperation and hopelessness.

Their angelic wings are sensing their owner’s excitement as they slightly flap when the warriors shrugged their shoulders.

“Should it be ......WHERE do you want our help?”, Jin supplied the question this time.

The nymph gaze into his eyes but before he could get lost in it her answer surprised him, “To hell”.

“Shit, Not again!”, Jungkook uttered, only to realize that he was in front of two royalty, “Sorry”.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.