Part XIX

“Jin, you may come in now”, Lea, the council’s secretary, announced when she went out of the conference room.

“Are they all there?”, he was nervous of meeting all the archangels in one room. Who wouldn’t be? The Majestic Seven is a force to be reckon with and when they were young, he and his cousins would shake in fear whenever the archangels were all in the same room. It didn’t change, now that they became warriors.

Lea noticed how he grips the side of his pants, “No, it’s just Archangel Michael and your mom”.

She giggled when he released a sigh of relief.

He gathered all his courage and open the double doors of the room. Both archangels were seated with a large table in the middle of them. They looked up when they saw him.

“Jin”, Michael greeted and Jophiel smiled at her son to which he acknowledged by smiling back.

“Sir, I would like to apologize for coming unannounced”, he stands up with a straight body.

“At ease”, Michael said. He spreads his legs apart and clasped his hands on his back. “Is there any problem in Fairyland? Is it about Zyrian?”.

Jin looked at the archangel with a face similar to his annoying cousin but Michael’s sharp jaw and intimidating eyes always makes him shudder.

“No.....no sir, Fairyland is safe and Namjoon asked me to come in his stead because Queen Mara needs his presence during her visit to a nearby kingdom. As for Zyrian, you don’t need to worry about him, he’s on a tight leash”, sorry Hoseok but his words somehow lighten the tension in the room. “It’s actually about a nymph, specifically, a Dryad”.

“A forest nymph?”, Jophiel repeated. “What about her?”.

“She came to Fairyland to ask for our help”.

“I don’t think you need our approval on that matter. We always give our assistance to any being that needs it”, his mother explained.

“She’s not just an ordinary nymph. She’s the sister of the Guardian of the Crystal”.

The archangels looked at one another.

“Are you sure of her lineage?”, Michael asked. He wanted to be sure that this is not one of Lucifer’s tactics to send one of his demons to fool their children.

“Yes, sir. She informed us that her sister, the Guardian, is missing for a while now and that she would like to ask for our aid in searching for her”, Jin cuts the part on how he was sure of Nikaia’s status as the leader.

“Do you think......he has a hand on this?”, Jophiel voiced out the words that was nagging on Michael’s mind and that is Lucifer.

The leader of the archangels is in deep thoughts, “does she have an idea to where her sister was last seen?”.

“They got an information from a demon that her sister is ........”, Jin was hesitant but it must be said, “in hell”.

“Not again”, Michael put his fingers on his temple and do a circular movement, as if this action will lessen their problem.

Jin almost smile when the archangel had the same reaction as Jungkook when they heard the mention of that horrible place.

“What do you think?”, Michael turned to Jophiel.

“The council should talk about this”.

“I agree”, he moved his eyes to Jin, “this is a vey complicated matter. The council will decide on what to do with this. Only then, will we send word to you and your cousins. For the meantime, ask for Queen Mara to extend her generosity with the nymph until we have come up with a decision”.

“Yes, sir”.

“Jophiel, since I am on my way to meet Gabriel and Chamuel, I might as well inform them of an emergency meeting regarding this”, Michael stands up and started to walk out of the room, but stopped and turned.

“Jin, I hope that you and your cousins will not make the same mistake like the last time”, the archangel warned.

The angel gulped, “yes.....yes sir”. He knew all too well that Michael was talking about the time they barged into hell to rescue Heaven without the council’s knowledge.

“Why don’t you take a seat, son?”, Jophiel gestured at the chair beside her.

The angel missed his mother’s sweet voice and hearing it made him feel at home. His wings brushed her mother’s in a loving way.

“I missed you, mom”, He kissed her cheek before sitting.

“I know, Jin”, Jophiel caressed her son’s handsome face. “Is something bothering you?”, call it a mother’s instinct but she always knows if something is wrong with him or any of his cousin’s.

“Mom......I......”.

“What is it, Jin?”.

The angel lets out a shaky breath, “what if I .......I am to become a father?”.

The archangel of beauty became pale, ”WHAT!”.