Part VII

FAIRYLAND

The queen of Fairyland walked down the path towards the center of her enormous gardens, where a table with two chairs were already prepared with meals for her breakfast. Her two guards and 4 maidservants followed her steps with care.

The end of her lips moved upwards when she saw a handsome being with beautiful soft wings, waiting for her near the table.

“Good morning, your Majesty”, Namjoon greeted Mara.

She smiled at the angel who captured her heart. She would never get tired of looking at his comely face and would always swoon at how beautiful he would flare his wings.

He pulled a seat for her when she reached his side, but she didn’t budge from her position.

“Mara?”, the tall angel whispered. He doesn’t want her maidservants to hear his informal address for her.

The fairy had insisted to just be casual but Namjoon takes his role as her protector seriously. According to him, she’s a queen now and she needs to be respected as such. He would just say her name if no one is listening.

“Good morning, Joon”, she whispered back and kissed him on the cheek. The angel turned red. He looked up to see if their small audience saw what she did and noticed that the faeries were not bothered by their mistress’ show of affection towards him.

Mara grinned and took her seat. “Please leave us”, a subtle command from the queen to her maidervants and guards. They left, knowing that she is safe with her protector.

Namjoon sat in front of her. He was about to pour the coffee on her cup when she snatched the kettle from him.

“Your Majesty, I should be the one doing that”, he said.

“Oh shush, we’re the only one here. Let me do my job as your girlfriend”.

The angel grinned. It’s still new to him that he has now a girlfriend. They both had opened their feelings for each other before her coronation and he’s overwhelmed she had accepted his love.

He lovingly stared at her pretty face and couldn’t help himself, he leaned in to kiss her on her lips. The queen  was caught off guard but didn’t pull away.

“Ahem!”, a loud baritone voice interrupted the two lovebirds.

“Oh”, Mara blushed when they separated but Namjoon’s expression looked like he was about to kill.

“This better be good .... or I swear I’m gonna kick .....”, Namjoon threatened but Mara was quick to cut him and at the same time rests her hand on his arm to calm him. She wouldn’t want him to bring out the rage in him. It would be disastrous if he used his power.

“What is it Taehyung?”, she turned to the angel who was walking to them and gave him a sweet smile.

“Sorry, Namjoon. I apologize, your Majesty, for the sudden intrusion”, the young angel gave her a captivating grin.

“You and your cousins are always welcome in my kingdom”, the queen replied and the latter dipped his head for respect.

Mara will be forever grateful for Namjoon and his cousins. They helped her with everything. The best thing they had offered is their friendship and she will treasure it through eternity.

“Thank you, Your Majesty but this matter is of importance. I was sent here by the Majestic Seven”, Taehyung stood beside Namjoon.
Upon hearing his words, the older angel calmed down and looked at his cousin with seriousness.

“What is it?”.

Instead of answering first, Taehyung snatched the delicious scone on Namjoon’s plate and takes a bite.

“The council will send Zyrian here”, he relayed while munching.

“Oh?”, Mara raised her brows. She knew the demon through Hoseok’s stories whenever the angel would visit her.

“Why? When?”, Namjoon asked.

“To answer your first question, since the demon was very cooperative on the first day we brought him ‘till now, they wanted to give him a chance in life and so they want him to help Queen Mara”, Taehyung explained, oblivious to the stares of the duo as he put another scone on his mouth.

“before you gobbled all of the food on this table, mind answering my second question?”, Namjoon is getting impatient.

“Sorry”, he swallowed his food, “Hoseok and Jin will bring him anytime now”.

“What are you thinking?”, Mara saw the frown of the angel across from her.

“My thoughts don’t matter”, Namjoon honestly said.

“He’s right”, Taehyung seconded and drinks from his cousin’s cup but his face scrunched when he tasted the bitter coffee on it.
The other angel looked at him and mouthed the words SHUT UP but the messenger just shrugged and eyed the other sweets on the plates.

Mara knew they were right. The council’s decision is firm and cannot be questioned.

“It matters to me”, but the queen knows that something is bothering him. She squeezed Namjoon’s arm.

“Okay, it’s getting cheesy here, so I’m going now. Bye, your Majesty”, Taehyung bowed at the queen. Took a couple of steps back, flared out his beautiful wings and started to ascend, leaving the irritated Namjoon.

“I wouldn’t be surprise if one of these days, Yoongi will lose his patience with him”, the angel shook his head and made the fairy giggled, knowing he’s right.

“So, what are your thoughts about the council’s decision?”, she asked.

“The Majestic Seven would never decide on something that will bring harm to anyone, especially to an allied kingdom but if......if it ever happens I will be there to protect you and your people”, Namjoon spoke with a promise.

Mara nodded, she is certain of this. He had proven his love for her when she once lost her life and knew that he will do anything to ensure her safety. “Thank you”.

He frowned, “No need to thank me. It is not just my duty to keep the Queen of Fairyland safe but it is my vow to keep you alive for myself to live”.

His words touched her heart.

She realized that he had changed. Gone was the strict, proper and serious Namjoon. He was so true to his role then, that she thought he was a cold hearted warrior but love had changed him.

Did I do that to him? She asked herself. Her love for him was so pure that she would die if anything happens to him.

“I love you, Joon”.

“So do I”, he brushed away the tear that rolled down her cheek which she didn’t notice, had escaped her eye.