Part X

Rhanis caught up to Nikaia as the latter hurriedly walked to go back to her daughter.

“Nika”.

“Not now”, she doesn’t want her friend to see her crying but Rhanis grabbed her arm to stop her from taking another step.

“Nika, you need to accept you sister’s fate”.

“and that is death? A kind of death she never wished to happen to her or anyone else”, her tears are now flowing continuously.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to...”.

“Was it a painful death? Did she suffer a lot?”.

Rhanis couldn’t answer her because she, too, had thought of it.

“I just ....... I just need to think right now”, Nikaia turned and left her. She lets her go, not wanting to burden her with worries.

Nikaia was almost close to the cave when she noticed a familiar nymph laying unconscious on the ground. She rushed to her side, “Nemeia?”.

A wave of anxiety rushed through her, “Nemeia!”, she slightly slap the nymph’s cheek to get a reaction but failed.

Where’s my daughter?

A question she was afraid for an answer. She stood up and was about to run inside the cave to search for her child when she heard a voice.

“I’m afraid it will take awhile for her to wake up”.

She turn around and saw a woman wearing a hooded cape and on her right arm is her child.

Nikaia moved to get her daughter but couldn’t raise her legs.

“Not so fast”, the woman said.

“Your a witch”, the only reason why she can’t move her muscles.

“A sorceress”, the stranger corrected.

A small sound caught her ears and her eyes darted to her daughter’s innocent appearance, playing with the stranger’s hair.

“Who are you and what do you want?”, Nikaia was starting to get nervous. Sorceress are powerful and could kill any being without giving so much of an effort.

“I need you to do something for me”.

She furrowed her brows but kept her mouth shut.

“I need you to kill someone”.

“Why me?”.

“because you have a connection with them”, the sorceress looked down at the child she cradled and played with her tiny hands that brought a small giggle from the babe.

Nikaia also looked at her daughter and realized what she was talking about.

“the angels”.

“You’re quick”, the woman smirked.

“Why asked someone to kill for you when you could easily do the deed yourself?”.

“I like your strong aura and being a leader suits you”.

She doesn’t know if it was a compliment or not.

“Anyway, to answer your question, I can’t because they will know that I am a sorceress”.

“but why? Why kill them?”, Nikaia may not know the celestial beings too well but she knew when she met them that they have good hearts.

“They killed a part of me”.

She sensed the hurt in the woman’s voice but couldn’t imagine the angels would harm any beings without a reason.

“What if.....what if I decline?”, she doesn’t want to be a apart of whatever this woman had planned.

“Then you give me no choice. Say goodbye to your daughter”.

Nikaia’s eyes widened when she noticed the sorceress’ nails suddenly started to grow and get longer. She aimed the tip onto the babe’s chest.

“No! Please don’t hurt her”, Nikaia begged.

“I thought so”, the woman’s long nails instantly retracted.

She closed her eyes to gather strength for an inevitable situation and when she opened them, her next words were, “who.......who do you want me to kill?”. She was hoping the sorceress would give her a name she isn't familiar with.

“One of the archangels’ offsprings”.

She clenched her fists with anger and was glad that she could move her hands. A small movement that could express her emotion.

Funny how fate plays with her, she almost made a bargain earlier with a demon and now, she’s in the same situation.

“I guess there’s no way out of this?”.

“Unless you value your child’s life”, the sorceress threatened.

“Fine, I’ll do it”.

“You just saved your daughter”, the woman smiled victoriously.

“Now give me back my child”.

“Not yet, not until you have the blood of an angel in your hands”.

“I will do what you say but if you hurt my daughter in any way I swear I will drenched my hands in your blood”, Nikaia may be afraid of the sorceress’ power but she is a mother and will do anything for her child, even if it means ending one’s life.

“I hope it will not come to that”.

The woman raises her free hand and a smoke appeared that slowly engulfs her with the child in her arm.

“How will I talk to you?”, Nikaia spoke louder. She wanted to get rid of the ache in her heart as she watch her daughter being taken away from her.

“Just say my name”, the woman’s voice was the only proof that she was not an illusion, “I am Valerie, the sorceress of hell”.
A cold shiver ran through her body as the last words registered into her. Hell, a place of agony, misery, torture and who knows what else.

Now, she has no other choice but to do what was asked of her to save her daughter and that is to kill an angel.

Only one name came into her mind, Jin.

 AUTHOR'S NOTE:

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I'm sorry angels for the super late updates. I was in a state of chaos that I just couldn't write anything. But I am trying my best to get motivated and inspired to continue writing.

Thank you for the patience of waiting for the updates and I hope that my books have entertained you.

Take care and stay healthy everyone 💜💜💜💜.