Part XVIII

Jin followed the maidservant, as she led the way to the west wing of the castle.

“I can walk”, her soft voice made him look at her.

“I know you do”, he said but made no effort of putting her down. Ignoring the prideful statement of the royal.

Yes, she is a monarch, Jin mused to himself. She may not accept it but she possess the blood of her sister. The blood of a Guardian, an important being on this earth.

The fairy opened the door of the bedchamber for Jin to enter and left the two alone. That’s when the angel put her down on her feet.

Nikaia was once again mesmerized by her surrounding. The bedroom was large compared to their dark cave. The walls were white with golden flowers painted on them. She moved her eyes to the massive bed that can fit three nymphs on it. On top lays a pretty lavender-colored dress with matching sandals that looks very comfortable to wear.

“It’s..........beautiful”, she wasn’t aware that she had spoken out loud.

Jin could only stare at the fascinated nymph. He knows she has a skill of a warrior but her innocence to the outside world made him want to protect her.

Get a hold of yourself, Jin. He reminds himself and walked to the bed. He picked up the footwear and moved back to Nikaia. He kneels on one leg and reached for her foot to slowly raise it.

The nymph was surprised by his unexpected action. The feel of his warm skin on her foot brought chills through her body but tried to shake the unwanted feeling. She looked down and silently admired the soft white feathers on his broad back.

He proceeded to put the sandals on both her foot with care and stands up to face her. “I....I should let you rest”. He then, turned to leave.

“Jin”, she called and the angel stops at the door, “thank you”. He gave her a sweet smile before closing the door.

 He gave her a sweet smile before closing the door

Nikaia sighed and moved to the bed. She lays on her side, facing the massive window as tears poured out from her eyes.

She felt broken and  miserable. She hated it. She hates her current demeanor and hates herself for what she is about to do to these angels. One innocent face appeared into her mind. Yes, her daughter, reminding herself that she will be doing this to save her.

“Just a little more time, baby. Mommy will come for you”. A silent promise to her babe.

 A silent promise to her babe