Part XXXV

“How is he?”, Namjoon stood up when the physician starts to approach him and walks away from Jin’s bed.

“He’s sleeping. I gave him a sedative to let him rest”, he replied and adjusted his spectacles. The old fashioned clothes and the faded color of his wings reflects the centuries of experience of the fairy physician. He maybe thousands of years old based from his appearance but he had already seen too many extraordinary and supernatural cases to which Namjoon wonders if something will still shock him.

Mara, Heaven and the four angels gathered around the physician, curious at his diagnosis.

“Will his wound ever stop from bleeding?”, Heaven was worried and she felt Jungkook’s arm around her shoulder to give her comfort.

The physician didn’t answer and instead rummaged through his medical bag. He pulled out an amber bottle and handed it to her.
“It’s a potion. It will help with his wound. It will eventually heal but it will leave a scar”.

Yoongi, out of habit of being suspicious, grabbed the bottle and removed the cap. He smelled the liquid and coughed when the nasty aroma entered his nostrils, “What the..... fuck..... is this? Is this poison?”.

The old fairy grinned, “It’s actually from the bladder secretions of a chimera”.

“A chimera?”, Hoseok was surprised as everyone in the room except Mara. She knows that the physician have medicines, potions and other stuff that he solely acquires with his own method.

“What is that?”, Heaven whispered at Jungkook but the queen heard her and so she gave her an answer.

“It’s a creature that looked like a lion but also has a head of a serpent on its tail and a protruding head of a goat on its back”.

“Is that even possible?”.

“It’s one of the creatures created by Lucifer”, Mara recalled the creature who bit her which was also one of his making and suddenly felt Namjoon’s hand squeezed her own. She looked up and gave him a smile, thankful for his presence.

“How did you even get this?”, Yoongi closed the cap and gave the bottle back to Heaven.

“That, my friend, is a secret”, the old fairy winked.

“One question, you said it came from its bladder secretion. Does it mean that it’s ...........”, Jungkook wanted to be sure if he what he thought was correct.

“The creature’s urine”, Namjoon finished his words and everyone almost gagged at this but not the physician.

“I have learned that these special creatures are, should I say, helpful on my research on the medical field but I have yet to study more of these creatures and speaking of”, he turned to Namjoon with a curious face, “can I, by any chance, ask if I could take a drop of your blood?”.

“Are you a vampire, doc?”, Jungkook asked and was pinched by Heaven. He once saw a film with a being that have two long and sharp teeth. Heaven pestered him to watch it with her.

“I don’t know what that is but let me explain myself. Since, Master Namjoon has the ability to transform into a dragon, I want to study more about their kind. He’s also an angel, so I’m curious to know how the two qualities co-exist”.

“You have a point there, doc”, Hoseok agreed and they looked at their leader to await for his answer.

“I ........ I guess so”, Namjoon scratched his head.

“Thank you. For now, I’ll just finish my other research and get back to you for your blood”, the old fairy happily walked towards the door but stops and turned to them, “Oh, call me if the potion doesn’t work on Master Jin”, then he walked out the door.

“I’m pretty sure, he has fangs hidden somewhere”, Jungkook insisted.

“Stop it”, Heaven glared and blame herself for letting him watch that stupid movie.

“Let me see the dagger now, Yoongi”, Namjoon waited for the latter to give him the weapon used on Jin. He examined every edge of the dagger and when his eyes landed on the carved creature, the color of his pupils changed. “This is not an ordinary weapon”.

“It’s made from a dragon”, Jungkook supplied.

“Yes and it’s the Dryad’s dragon, Ygmir”, the leader looked up and didn’t realize the change in him.

“Joon, your eyes”, Mara cupped his cheek.

“Sorry”, Namjoon closed his eyes and when he opened them, gone was the orbs of his own dragon. “Now, let’s just hope that Jin is as strong-willed as we know he is to fight this”.

“What do you mean by that?”, Yoongi asked.

“This weapon was made to protect and kill just like when it was alive. Dragons are known to possessed powers that no one can understand. It can be beneficial to its masters but is dangerous to its enemies”, he once again stared at the dagger, “and this, absorbed its mistress’ fury when Nikaia decided to use this against Jin”.

They all knew that only an archangel’s sword can kill their kind but this kind of weapon can be added on the list to end an angel’s life.

“Let’s all be thankful Nikaia was immediately seized thus, the wound was not deep because if she wasn’t Jin would be a corpse by now”.

“Oh, Jin”, Heaven tried to fight back her tears. She remembered the time Jin had saved her when she surrendered to the darkness of her own mind and she now felt helpless that she can’t help him.

“Let’s also hope for the potion to work and, who knows maybe he’ll forget how he got his wound in the first place because if he remembers all of it ..............”, Hoseok reasoned but stops.

“He’ll surely hunt Nikaia”, Yoongi added that brought chills to Mara and Heaven.