Part II

“Aaaahhhh!!!”, cried Nikaia and gripped the side of the makeshift bed as another wave of painful contraction attacked her.
Every nymph is anxiously waiting outside the cave. The only dryads inside, are her friend and two other nymphs.

“Sshhhh, it’ll pass”, Rhanis wiped the sweat on her forehead as she said some comforting words but it didn’t lessen the agony she is feeling right now.

“I can already see the crown of its head, Eroméni”, the nymph, who is positioned in front of her, stated.

“One more push and we will see your babe”, the other dryad held her hand, as if wanting to help ease the discomfort she’s in.
Nikaia sucked in a huge amount of air and gathered all her might to release a strong push, this time a wail of a crying offspring filled the air. It was also the last sound she heard before losing consciousness.

She woke up to a slight nudge on her body. She opened her eyes and realized she had slept for a while because the torches were the only source of light that occupied the cave.

A soft sound made her turn on her side and was overwhelmed to see the small babe, sleeping soundly beside her. Tears started to cascade down her cheeks, as she traced her finger on the babe’s smooth chin.

“She looks just like him”, Rhanis’ voice made her wipe the liquid from her eyes and looked at her friend, walking towards their bed.

A daughter, she gave birth to a female being. It made her smile and she felt proud, not just because she had a daughter but also, her child possessed her father’s beauty. This made her grin, remembering the angel’s unrivalled comeliness.

Her friend went to the sleeping babe’s side, knelt and stared at her adoringly.

“Thank you, Nika”, it’s her nickname given by Naya and Rhanis, and her words were enough to make her feel happy.

She knew that the Dryads are very pleased about her offspring, who is now the only hope for their future.

“I’m sorry it didn’t work for you and Nemeia”, she said with sadness. Rhanis and the other nymph had also received the seeds from the two angels, who were with Jin but they weren’t so lucky to bear their children. If she recalled correctly, their names were Yoongi and Hoseok.

“We are not losing hope. Our sisters are not stopping to find male beings. We will make sure that we are not the last Dryads”, her friend said confidently.

This is true. Everyday, their sisters would explore the forest for male beings and would enchant them with their beauties in exchange for their seeds, but still, months would pass and they are not bearing children.

“Naya?”, she asked.

"Nika, she's dead", Rhanis wanted her to fully accept the truth of their Guardian's demise.

"I will only believe your words if I see the crystal separated from its owner".

She was right, of course. The only thing that will prove her death is the crystal.

The crystal that is with the Dryad's possession is one of the four crystals given by the Almighty.

"Fine. I will give you my word that we will search for Naya", Rhanis knew that Nikaia is stubborn and she might look for her herself.

"Thank you", she meant that.

Finding Naya is her priority. If they found her, everything will be back to normal. Dryads will easily get pregnant and everything will come into place, just as it was before.

Where are you, my dear sister?

Nikaia returned her gaze to her small bundle of joy. For now, her child is the most important being in their kind.