Part XLII

Nikaia felt weak and consumed. The last thing she remembered before collapsing was someone tried to open her thoughts. It was painful, as she blocked the intruder from entering her mind. She wanted to protect her secrets, her memories and her hidden emotions but then she heard a soothing voice.

Don’t fight it, Princess.

That voice, it.......it feels like ..... home.

Jin?

I just want to know what you’re keeping from me.

I hate you!

A short silence before speaking again. No, you don’t.

This time, she was the one who was lost for words and thought for herself, was he right? Am I in denial of my true feelings for him because of my sister?

Then, you’ll hate me, she said instead.

I.........I.......don’t. Jin said, he was fighting his inner battle. His rage and fondness for her addled him.

He needs to convince her to open her thoughts for him because if he forced his way into her mind she might die and he don’t want that. What an irony! I don’t what her to die but I want to kill her!, he saw the humour in it.

Please open for me. Silence. She was in doubt. It's a good sign. Let me feel your pain.

His last words crushed her remaining strength as she realized the burden she had been carrying for a long time. The pain of being a leader, pain of losing her sister and the pain of failing to be a mother in its true sense. She decided to just let go even if it means surrendering everything to the one who will kill her.

Jin expected her to not stagger and be as stubborn as he knew her to be, but he was taken aback when she shattered the wall in her mind and gave him full access to everything.

Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook decided to standby, in case anything happens to Nikaia. It felt awkward watching Jin kissing her. They would try to focus looking at other things so as not to feel uncomfortable.

It felt like hours but it only took a couple of minutes when the angel disengaged his lips from her. Nikaia opened her eyes for a second and looked at Jin confusedly before closing them again.

He put his fingers on her neck to assess her state, and when he was certain that she breathes in a normal pace he stands up. He walks out of the room with the other angels behind him. They all went out of the hut so as not to disturb the nymph.

“Well?”, Jimin was impatient.

Jin placed his hands on his hips as he sighed deeply. His wings’ feathers glistened at the sun’s playful rays.

“She’ll be unconscious maybe for a couple of days”.

“Is that a bad thing or what?”.

“That’s actually a good thing”, Hoseok commented.

“You’re right, Jimin, she went though a lot”, Jin admitted.

“So, is the child yours?”, Jungkook inquired.

“Yes, ............she is”, a smile on his face appeared. He was overwhelmed when he saw her daughter in Nikaia's memory. His heart was about to explode from joy of being a father to a delicate being.

“She?”.

Jin nods his head, “I have a daughter”.

The trio was in awe. No one ever imagined that Jin is the first one to have an offspring.