Part XXIV

Nikaia was brushing her hair when a sound of a knock cuts the air and a maidservant enters her room.

“Mistress, master Namjoon asks for your presence at the library”.

“Please inform him I’ll be there shortly. Thank you”.

The fairy slightly bowed with her moth-like wings flapping slightly and exited the room to give her privacy.

The nymph was now used to seeing fairies with their colorful wings but Queen Mara’s took her breath away. Hers was extraordinary and so majestic ‘though the Queen rarely shows them. Its beauty suits the monarch’s aura.

Nikaia stood up and changed into a very simple but elegant dress which was given by the Queen. She was about to walk towards the door when a black mist suddenly appeared in front of her and slowly take a form of the sorceress.

“I see, you have made yourself comfortable here”, Valerie studied the large room the nymph stayed in.

The sarcasm on her voice made Nikaia want to strangle her. “Careful of your words”.

Valerie chuckled and gave her a smirk, “You’re not in a position to give threats, you know that, right?”.

“Where is my daughter?”, she gripped the side of her dress, trying desperately not to attack the being in front of her.

“She’s actually adopting to her new environment”, Valerie saw the fury on the nymph’s eyes. “and I do say, maybe I’ll spare her life and make her mine”, the sorceress provoked.

Nikaia could no longer contain her anger and charge at the Valerie but was suddenly immobile when she was almost a step closer. She couldn’t move her limbs and all she could do is stare with contempt at her nemesis.

“Tsk, tsk. You still don’t learn”, the sorceress wagged her finger in front of the nymph. “I guess the temporary wound I put on  your arm isn’t enough. Anyway, I came here because I’m getting impatient”, she looked at Nikaia coldly. “Now, where is the dead body of an angel?”.

“It’s not as easy as that”, the words she could only mutter.

“Well, I guess, your daughter’s blood can do, after all, she’s also half an angel”.

“If you ever touch her, I swear I’ll.........”.

“You should know by now that I don’t get scared easily”.
The nymph knows this and realized once again that she can’t get out of this predicament, “Look, give your word that as soon as I give you an angel’s dead body you will return my daughter to me, unharmed”.

Valerie sensed the longing in her voice. She maybe full of rage but she isn’t a monster to kill a child and hope that all of this will not end on her taking the small being’s life.

“Fine, I give you my word that she will be in your arms when you send an angel to his grave”, Valerie snaps her fingers and instantly vanished, as if she had never set foot in the room.
Nikaia is able to move but her body but could not contain her sudden shock of the situation and almost collapsed. She sat on the floor carelessly and tried to steady her breathing.

She suddenly remembered she needs to go to the library and immediately stood up. She tried to fix her dress and hair before making her way to the room where the angel is waiting.
She gave a gentle knock when she got on the door. It was opened by Namjoon and gave her a dimpled smile.

“Princess”, the angel greeted and lets her enter before closing the door.

Nikaia didn’t expect to see four other angels in the room. She knew the faces of Jin, Jungkook and Yoongi but was not familiar to the blond-haired angel, with an arm around Jin’s shoulder. His wings radiates strength just like his cousins but his face gives a very calming effect.

“Princess, this is Jimin, one of our cousins”, Namjoon introduced as he saw the question in her eyes.

Jimin walked to her and raised her hand to kiss the back of it, “Pleasure to meet you, Princess”.

STOP FLIRTING!, Jin warned his cousin but the younger angel just chuckled at the latter’s irritated probe to his thoughts.

“Please, Nika will do. I’m not used to be called by any title”, stated and took the chair offered by Jin.

“Nice to see you again, Nika”, Yoongi gave her a shy grin.

“You too, Yoongi”.

“I guess you’re wondering about this sudden meeting”, Namjoon started, “Jin had informed you that the council gave us permission to seek for your sister”, the nymph nodded.

“In relation with this, a team was formed to assist you and at the same time protect you throughout this assignment”.

Namjoon is talking like a soldier, briefing his subordinates for a successful mission and she respects him for that. He reminded her of Rhanis. They possess the same authority and sternness.

“Protect?”, she asked. As a warrior, she knew she can defend herself from any being.

“Yes, Princess”, Jin looked at her with softness which made her uneasy.

“Hell, is a very dangerous place and the council doesn’t want to take the chance of putting you in danger”, Yoongi explained.

He was right, she is the next in line as the Guardian of the Crystal and if she dies no one will inherit the title, not even her daughter. She pushed away the dreadful thought.

“Then, who will accompany me?”, Nikaia asked.

Namjoon stood in the middle of Jin and Yoongi, while Jimin and Jungkook were on each of the duo’s sides.

“They will be your escorts, your highness”, the leader put his arms on the two eldest angels.

Nikaia looked at each of their handsome faces and wondered whose body from the four angels, would her dagger dive into.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry for some grammatical errors.
Enjoy reading everyone 💜💜💜💜.