Part XXXI

“A bracelet with a crystal on it?”.

Nikaia and the angels looked at each other.

“You ...... saw her?”, the nymph asked.

“I’m sad to say that I didn’t but I think I have her bracelet”, Felicity stood up and walked into a room that looked like a closet and when she came back to her seat, she had a small red velvet box on her hand.

She slowly opened it and Nikaia’s eyes welled with tears. The precious Crystal of the Dryads is now found but sadly it was without its owner.

 The precious Crystal of the Dryads is now found but sadly it was without its owner

The angels were amazed but one of them has a very different reaction. Jin became pale as he eyed the bracelet and realized that it was what the being wore on her wrist when she raised her arm, just like the one she was wearing on the painting.

His assumptions are all true. The being he was supposed to save was Naya, Nikaia’s sister, the Guardian of the Crystal. Jin tried to think straight.

“I saw this from one of our demons. She’s a handmaiden but my father refers to them as slaves, I overheard her tell her fellow .........”, she still have difficulty calling them that unlike her sister, “she said that her lover, who’s also a demon, gave her this bracelet. I was intrigued by it’s unique craftsmanship and so, I exchanged one of my jewels for it”.

“But.....”, Nikaia felt guilty for having the angel lost something of hers in exchange for the Dryad’s treasure. She wiped her eyes and tried to calm herself.

“It’s okay”, Felicity smiled. She was enamoured with the bracelet and didn’t mind losing a trinket from her collection of jewellery, to which her father loves to gift her with. “There is something about this Crystal that really caught my attention and I satisfied my curiosity by looking into my mother’s old books”.

Her visitors remained silent while listening to her.

“I learned that this is one of the four Crystals given by the Almighty to a nymph and from what you just told me,  I think you are the real owner of this”.

Nikaia nods her head at the accuracy of her words.

“So, I guess you can have this back”.

“But ..... I don’t have something to give you”.

“Don’t fret about it. This is a treasure that belongs to you and your kind”.

“Thank you”, Nikaia wholeheartedly received the precious Crystal. She was overwhelmed that it was now in her hands. She traced the Crystal with her finger as her thought was filled with Naya.
Suddenly, the Crystal started to glow under her touch and all of them stared at it with awe.

“Jin?”, Jimin grabbed his cousin’s arm, not sure what to do but the latter remained motionless and just looked at Nikaia. Her body was starting to absorb the light from the Crystal.