Part XXVI

“Let’s camp here for the night”, Jin finally said after walking for hours until the darkness of the night slowly crawls into the horizon.

They decided not to use their wings so as not to attract further problems from unwanted beings.

The demon had told them after two black eyes and a busted lip from Jungkook that one specific portal would lead them at the dungeons of hell. It was located at a cave to which they called the Raging Caverns. It is found in the Mysterious Woodland.

“Seriously, who is dumb enough to name these places like they literally welcome beings to hell?”, Jimin giggled when they heard this.

Yoongi started to make a small bonfire to keep them warm. They decided to sleep near it and positioned themselves into a circle outside the fire. Jungkook dragged the demon, whose hands are tied beside a tree, not far from them.

Nikaia pulled out a piece of delicious bread that the palace cook had carefully packed inside her bag and handed it to the elf seated beside her.

“Here, eat”.

The being shyly accepted the food and started to take a bite.

“What’s your name?”, the nymph asked as she studied the petite elf, who had bruises on her soft skin.

“Y....Ynaselle”.

“You have a lovely name. I’m Nika”, Nikaia smiled and hoped that she was giving her comfort rather than uneasiness, “Can I call you Yna?”.

The elf slowly nods but didn’t look at her. The nymph releases a deep sigh and noticed Jin making his way towards them. He squats and gave Ynaselle a canteen of water to which the latter had accepted and drank from it.

“Can I touch you?”, he questioned and his tone was without any hint of malice but the elf became terrified and almost hid behind Nikaia.

“Hey....hey...”, Jin instantly noticed the change in her reaction. He can’t blame her. The trauma of the incident earlier was too much for the young elf. “I apologize for my words. I just.........just want to heal you”.

Nikaia understood his intention ‘though his first words would misinterpret him as a pervert. She turned to Ynaselle to make her understand, “You know they are angels, right?”.

The elf once again nods and this made the nymph realized the trust she was giving her.

“Angels have the ability to heal any physical wounds and Jin here ........”, she pointed at him, “wants to heal your wounds and bruises but if it makes you uncomfortable he will not touch you”.

“Oh......okay”, Ynaselle resumed to her seat and tried not to squirm when she felt the angel’s touch on both her wrists.

Nikaia and the elf were both astounded when they saw a light slowly radiating from Jin’s palms while it engulfs Ynaselle’s skin. The once blistery wounds on her arms and neck were slowly fading until there were no traces of it left.

The nymph knew every celestial being’s natural ability to heal but seeing it with her two eyes was different. It was an amazing thing to witness.

The angel smiled when his deed was finished and removed her hands on her but was taken aback when he saw something on Nikaia’s beautiful orbs. It was a familiar look given to him by every female being he met but it instantly disappeared just as it appeared. It was the look of admiration.

“Hi”, Jimin joined them. His lips moved upwards to give them his charming smile. He could literally melt anyone’s heart and Ynaselle was not an exception. The redness of her cheeks was so obvious that Nikaia was glad for the angel’s charm. His action momentarily made the elf forgot her horrible experience.

“My name is Jimin. That’s Jungkook”, he pointed at the youngest angel, who was busy eating his meal that was surely packed by Heaven. “the one sleeping is Yoongi”, he then moved his finger to the dark-haired angel, who was comfortably lying on his back with arms crossed in front of him. “and I guess Jin and her high ......”. Jimin paused when the nymph shook her head, not wanting to reveal her identity, “Nika had already introduced themselves to you. So, what’s yours?”.

“Ynaselle”, the elf stated but didn’t look at him.

“Yna, do you live near here?”, Jin questioned.

The elf shakes her head.

“Where do you live and why are you alone? How did you end up with that....”, Jin stopped himself from getting mad. He tried to stay calm and not stride towards the demon and beat him again.

“My ....... my cousins and I were picking flowers and didn’t realize we had gone far from Osilin”.

The angels looked at each other upon the mention of one of the powerful kingdoms of the elves.

“Until.......until demons attacked and abducted us”, tears slowly cascaded down her cheeks but she didn’t stop, “Ashryn and I couldn’t do anything when Omylia was killed. She had always been the bravest among us and it cost her her life when she stabbed one of them with her small knife”.

“Where is Ashryn now?”, Nikaia asked.

“I .....I don’t know. We got separated when our captors decided to take different paths”.

Remind me to cut his balls when he’s no longer needed, Jimin turned to Jin with an unspoken words.

Sure, unless Jungkook or Yoongi beats you to it.

“We’ll bring you home”, Jin said and made Yna’s face lit up.

“Sleep and tomorrow you will see Osilin”, with that, he stands up and pats Jimin to follow him. They went to Yoongi and Jungkook and sat next to them.

“So, when can we kill him?”, Jungkook munched on his last bread.

“Soon, be patient”, Yoongi stated without opening his eyes, “got the whole story?”.

“No, but I think I got the picture. Poor kid must have suffered a lot”, Jin moved his eyes to the two female on the other side of the fire, lying on their backs and getting ready to sleep.

“Jimin, thanks for the mat”, Jin was referring to the mat brought by his cousin for Nikaia.

“You’re welcome. I don’t want your princess to be uncomfortable”.

“Shut up”, Jin’s irritated retort brought chuckles from the two younger angels. “Anyway, we need Taehyung to come first thing in the morning”.

“Why?”, the youngest ask.

“He’ll accompany Ynaselle to Osilin”, as a trainee messenger of heaven, Taehyung is familiar with the kingdoms of the elves.

“Did I hear you right? She’s from Osilin?”, Yoongi opened his eyes.

“Yes, why?”, Jimin answered for the eldest.

“I would suggest you contact Namjoon too”.

The three angels looked at him with confused expressions and decided to explain.

“Osilin is not a friendly kingdom and if she is from there I’m pretty sure that at this moment they are planning to start a war, even if they know they are on the losing end”.

“Damn”, Jungkook uttered as he imagined tall ferocious elves with muscular bodies.

“So, if you want Taehyung to leave that kingdom with his beautiful ass in one piece might as well bring our own dragon with him”.