Part XVII

Half human and half angel? Is that even possible?, the nymph’s thoughts brought her to her offspring, who was snatched in front of her eyes. A half angel and a half nymph. She wanted to cry but remembered the reason why she was in Fairyland in the first place.

She needed to think on how to convince these angels to trust her. Nemeia was right, the only reason she could tell them was to find her sister. She isn’t lying ‘though. She wanted to know what happened to her and the only way is to go to hell and there she’ll have the chance to kill one of these winged beings.

“to hell”.

“Shit, Not again!”, Jungkook uttered, only to realize that he was in front of two royalty, “Sorry”.

“Hell? Did we hear you correctly?”, Namjoon wasn’t quite sure if he was the only one who heard it.

“Yes”, Nika confirmed.

“What.....why hell?”, Heaven asked. Just the mention of the place brought back memories she wanted to forget.

“I need to find my sister”.

“Again back to the question.......why hell?”, Jin’s thoughts were in a riot.

Nika took a deep breath before speaking, “One day, my sister and five of  the dryads were on their way to a meeting with the other nymphs but weeks and months passed, they never returned. We searched and searched but still ........... until we captured a demon and extracted an information that confirmed our suspicion. She is in hell”.

She omitted the part where the demon told them that Naya is dead.

The silence in the room was deafening. Everyone was drowned in their own thoughts until Mara broke it, “your sister, was she.......I mean is she also the leader of the Dryads?”, careful of her words.

“Yes, she is but her absence caused panic to my sisters and so they thought that since I am next line that I should take her position”.

They felt the sadness in her voice. She became the successor of her sister in an unexpected circumstance and she didn’t have any choice.

“Nika, is your sister.........?”, there was something bothering the queen.

The nymph understood the look she saw in Mara. “Yes, your Majesty. She is one of the four Guardians of the Crystals”, Nikaia’s words made the atmosphere in the room filled with tension.

The fairy was very young when her nana had told her stories about the nymphs and she learned that every decade the Guardians of the Crystals would gather in a sacred place to offer a tribute to the Almighty.

Namjoon knows that this is not just an ordinary seek and rescue but this involves a very important being that needs to be save, especially if she is in hell.

Something’s bothering me. Jin knocked on his cousins’ minds, so as not to be heard by the female beings.

About what?, Namjoon and Jungkook looked at him.

Her sister.

What do you mean? The youngest was puzzled.

Remember my dream?

The being you promised to save? Jungkook said but Namjoon glared at him for not choosing the right words.

Well, yes. Thanks Jungkook for reminding me, Jin sarcastically answered.

What about it? Their leader questioned.

What if.....what if it was her? What if she is her sister?

The three angels contemplated on this but Namjoon was skeptic, What if she isn’t? We didn’t see what kind of being she was. Don’t be so hard on yourself. He knew that the older angel will be burdened once again with this knowledge if ever it is true but until then, they need to help Nikaia.

Jin became quiet but unbeknownst to his cousins, he is thinking about the being that they left in hell.

“Why don’t we continue with this tomorrow. The sun had already set and we know that you’re tired”, Mara noticed the bruises on her heels and toes.

“But?”, Nika protested. She wanted to finish her task. She wanted this all to end and most of all, she wanted to feel her daughter in her arms again.

“We will help you, Nika but since it involves a Guardian of the Crystals we need to inform the Majestic Seven about this”, Namjoon hoped that his words will give assurance to her distraught state.
The nymph could only nod.

“I will send someone to prepare a room for you”, Mara stated.

“Your Majesty. I already informed Perry that we have a guest before we came here”, Heaven stated.

“Thank you and so, I’m guessing that Perry had a maidservant waiting outside of that door to assist you to a room for you to rest. I’ll send someone later to you when it’s time for dinner”, the queen gave her a grin, in hopes of making the nymph feel at ease in their company.

Nikaia stands up but her exhausted mind and body had sudenly taken a toll on her. Her legs became weak but someone’s arms were quick to catch her. She unexpectedly grabbed onto his collar for support. She looked up only to see those beautiful eyes and plump lips inches from her own.

“Careful, princess”, Jin softly said.

The nymph felt herself getting red, she was about to push him when he abruptly put his arms at her back and at the back of her legs. He scooped her up and all the faces in the room, except from Jin’s, are all astonished with his action.

“She’s barefoot”, he addressed to no one. His excuse for his sudden movement. He turned to Mara’s direction and bowed, silently asking for permission to leave and was granted by the latter. He started to walk out the door with the nymph on his arms

If you say so, Jungkook’s annoying voice echoed in his mind and made him roll his eyes.

Shut up, Jungkook!, his response before the door closed behind them.