Part XXXVIII

The two angels suddenly appeared in the middle of a forest. Jungkook tried to steady his balance and controlled the urge to vomit. He feels nauseous. He didn’t anticipate the speed of time consumed, compared to his skill in flying as the fastest among his cousins.

“What the fuck was that?”.

“I......I don’t know”, Jimin confusedly answered .

“What do you mean you don’t know? You and Nikaia disappeared without a trace. Then, out of nowhere you popped in Jin’s room, who was furious at you, and dragged me out of there without any explanation”, he nagged as he roamed his eyes around them and noticed the familiarity of the place.

“I really don’t know what is happening to me. All I remembered was that I closed my eyes and thought of finding a way to talk to you, when I opened them I was already beside you in Jin’s room. I didn’t think twice and just grabbed you and put this place in my brain”.

“You’re digging your own grave, shorty”, Jungkook shakes his head.

“I know that, genius”.

“I think Namjoon is right. This is your ability”.

“And what ability is that? Teleportation?”, Jimin was amazed, “does this mean I did that when we were ....... at Felicity’s room?”. He thought it was the crystal’s doing.

“I guess so“, Jungkook once again looked around him, “Wait, why are we even here and where is Nikaia?”, his suspicion was confirmed when he saw the Pretorium a few feet from them.

“I.........I....”, Jimin scratched the back of his head.

“Don’t tell me.........she’s in there?”,  Jungkook’s eyes’ widen. The hut was a secret meeting place for them and their parents, and bringing the nymph in there is not a wise idea.

“Yes”.

“You do know that Jin will kill her, right?”.

“That’s why I needed to get her away from him”.

“And bringing her here will save her? It will just be a matter of time for him to look in this place”.

“Fine. This was a stupid plan”, Jimin admitted.

“Also, I’m confused here. Jin is our cousin unlike HER, who is a total stranger. Isn’t it obvious to who you should give your loyalty to?”.

Jimin rolled his eyes to Jungkook’s words, “I know, that is also the reason why I saved her from Jin’s wrath”, but the other angel’s brow was still furrowed. “I don’t know if you have noticed but Jin loves her”.

“He does?”.

“How are you and Heaven still together?”, Jimin shakes his head at his cousin’s naiveté.

“Hey”, the other angel felt offended.

“My point is, Jin may not realize it yet but I think Nikaia has caught his heart and I don’t want him to regret making a bad decision”.

Jungkook tried to understand what he said and maybe, just maybe, their cousin needs the nymph in his life.

“Okay fine, then again, what am I doing here?”.

“I need your help”.

“For what?”.

Jimin felt frustrated. He arched his back to spread his wings, and folds them back again.

“We need to save Nikaia’s child”.

“A what?”, the youngest angel was puzzled.

“Listen, Nikaia was forced to eventually kill one of us”.
Jungkook couldn’t digest the revelation he had said, “wait a damn minute”.

Jimin paused and saw how his cousin tried to put all information in his head.

“A what now? She will kill one of us?”.

“Yes but she doesn’t have a choice. Her child was kept hostage for her to do the deed”.

Jungkook carelessly sat on one of the small boulder of rock nearby. “So, Jin was just the unfortunate one because of her sister”.

“You could say it like that”.

“But a child, I mean.....wait”, Jungkook stops and suddenly recalled the moment he and his cousins talked about a possible offspring of Nikaia and ........, “No, it’s impossible”.

“What’s impossible?”, Jimin was baffled.

“Nikaia’s child, what if it’s ........”.

Just then they felt a strong wind that rattled the trees around them and sounds of flapping of wings from above as two angels descended.

One looked wary while the other one was ready to strangle someone’s neck.

“I knew I’d find you here”, the angry angel said.

“Jin!”, Jimin blurted and hides behind Jungkook but the youngest’s mind was far from the present because he was still thinking about the Guardian’s child as he watched his oldest cousin storms towards them.