Part VIII

Jin landed gracefully on his feet and folded his wings on his back, while Hoseok was trying hard not to squirm because of how tightly Zyrian gripped both of his hands from the  moment they left Whispering Wilds forest.

Both angels captured the attention of some fairies who were enjoying their walk in the gardens.

“Hi, ladies”, Jin greeted and gave them a flirty wink, to which the females had giggled.

“Zyrian, we’re here”, Hoseok said. The demon slowly opened his eyes and realized that he was still clutching the angel’s hands.

“Sorry”, he lets his hand go and was amazed by the beautiful scenery in front of him. “Is this ...... Fairyland?”.

“Yes, it is”, Jin  grinned as he noticed the astonished childlike reaction of the demon.

The pretty flowers, the colorful butterflies and even the soft caress of the wind on his face captivated him and realized that it was very different from hell.

Isn’t it too early for you to come?, Namjoon picked his cousin’s minds.

Jin and Hoseok turned to the angel who stood a few feet away from them.

“I think he’s pissed”, Hoseok commented when their leader folded his wings and crossed his arms in front of him.

“I would be too, if any of you interrupted my morning date”, Jin replied and that’s when the demon saw the beautiful woman sitting beside Namjoon, drinking her coffee.

“Let’s go, talk to them before Namjoon breathes fire and eat us alive”, Jin leads the way to where their leader and the queen are having their breakfast.

“Your Majesty”, both angels bowed. Zyrian was surprised to meet her and forgot to give respect.

“Zyrian”, Namjoon’s cold voice reminded him that he is in front of a queen and instantly dipped his head down.

“It’s okay”, her soft and caressing voice reminded him of a friend he had left behind in hell.

She stood up and gave each of the angel a hug.

“Hello, Mara”, Jin greeted.

“Ahem!”, Namjoon glared at the eldest angel.

“Fine, sorry, your majesty”.

Mara chuckled at the angel’s sarcastic words at her protector. She would never get tired of their bickering.

“Your Majesty, this is Zyrian. We were told that he will be assisting you”, Hoseok explained.

“Yes and I am grateful for the council’s thoughtful gesture”, she then turned to the demon, “please don’t think of this as a punishment from the archangels”.

“No, your majesty. I am happy that they chose to send me to your kingdom to help you and I will do my best to serve you”.

“Thank you”, Mara gave him a sweet smile.

“Zyrian, I’m hoping that Jin and Hoseok had already given you a warning”, Namjoon stated.

The two angels looked at each other with confused expressions, “did we forget something?”, the eldest asked.

Their leader rolled his eyes and looked straight at the demon, “If you make a single mistake and this mistake will harm the queen, I will personally ripped your heart out”.

Namjoon’s threat drain the color from Zyrian’s face and fear crawled into him.

“Joon!”, Mara was mortified and gave him a frown.

“Oooookaayyyy”, Jin put his arm on his cousin’s shoulder to calm him. “That was unnecessary but I think he got the message”. The demon’s pale face proved that he heard Namjoon loud and clear.
The queen picks up and rings the small bell on the table, within seconds the four maidservants walked towards them.

“Please bring him to one of the rooms to freshen up”, she ordered and then turned to Zyrian, “Welcome to Fairyland”.

“Thank you, your majesty”, he dipped his head as gratitude for her kindness.

“Now, I’m afraid I have to leave you to attend to my affairs”, Mara bids her farewell to the angels and walked towards the castle with the other fairies on her heels, but looked back when she noticed the demon not following behind. “Zyrian?”.

“Oh”, the demon scurried after her.

“Tone down the rage, Namjoon. I think Zyrian almost pissed in his pants”, Jin sat on the chair and picked up a scone that he puts on his mouth.

“He’s just being protective”, Hoseok butted in.

“I don’t trust him”, Namjoon said.

“Me either but Hoseok does”, Jin shrugged.

“He is a good demon”, Hoseok defended, “if that’s even the right words, still I just know he is good”.

“A demon is still a demon”, their leader raised his brow.

“Exactly my point”, Jin chewed.

“To ease your worry, Jin and I will still keep an eye on him”.

“Good because I hate to wake the dragon”.

Jin knew that Namjoon is right, if anything happens to the queen of Fairyland even he, will not think twice in killing a demon.