Part XX

“I am assuming that you already know the reason for this urgent meeting”, Archangel Michael’s authorative voice echoed inside the room, as the other six archangels stare at him with respect.

“I, for one, am not briefed on this. Chamuel and Gabriel kept their mouths shut all the way here”, Azrael was only informed that they are going to have a very important meeting and nothing more.

The leader of the archangels took a deep breath and looked at his siblings seated around the long table. He realized that immortality may have helped them to look like their children’s twins physically, but it can’t erase the weariness that are evident on their faces, the result of living for eons of years and bore witness to every war, may it be by humans or by other beings.

“We are all aware that King Linus had just died and we’re hoping that this peaceful months without any chaos would be in a long run but unfortunately.......”, Michael paused.

“A Dryad sought our children for help”, Jophiel continued.

“I don’t see the problem in that. We always help anyone in need. What aid did she require?”, Ariel asked.

“She wants to look for her sister”, Jin’s mother stated.

“I think Jin or Jimin can spare their time”, Raphael suggested, knowing that either of the two are not occupied with heavy tasks.

“It’s not as simple as that”, their leader leaned in.

“What do you mean?”, Azrael questioned with furrowed brows.

“The missing sister is one of the Guardians of the Crystals”, Jophiel’s words caught them by surprise.

“How long had she been missing?”, Ariel wanted to know if the being was gone for months or even years.

“We don’t know yet”, Michael answered honestly.

“How come no one informed us of this?”, Gabriel asked the question that was nagging on his mind ever since their leader told them of this.

“We don’t have any idea on the exact details of the situation. My son, Jin, only relayed what they were given information”.

“Did you tell Him?”, Azrael directed his question to Michael.

“No, not yet”, the latter knew that his brother is referring to the Almighty, their creator, their father.

The Guardians of the Crystals are very precious to him. They were like his daughters. Their loyalty and bravery had earned them the right to their titles. Each nymph is a leader of their kind.

The Crystals were gifts from the Almighty. They were a token of his gratitude and love for them. It was believed that the crystals possess an unexplained power because upon receiving that gifts, the nymphs didn’t suffer any miscarriages and every seed implanted on them was a success.

“I want to know everything first, before telling him”, Michael doesn’t want to worry their father.

“And how do we do that?”, Chamuel raised his brow.

“I know it’s too soon for another task to be given to our children but we don’t have a choice. This is our priority at the moment”, their leader spoke with a stern tone.

“I agree. Let’s send the seven of them”, Raphael suggested.

“I don’t think Namjoon should leave Queen Mara this early. She’s still new to her reign”, Ariel reasoned and was met with approving nods.

“Jin then. He doesn’t have a full plate on his hands right now. Besides, I know Hoseok can handle Zyrian alone”, Jophiel said.

“I second that. Jimin and Jungkook could give him a hand on this”, Chamuel mentioned.

“But Heaven is under Jungkook’s care”, Gabriel reminded the archangels.

“I think Namjoon is very much capable of protecting both of them”, Azrael lets them recollect the picture of the angel’s transformation as a dragon.

“But Jimin hasn’t develop any powers yet”, Chamuel claimed, knowing that this will be a disadvantage in a mission.

“This mission can help awaken any ability he has”, Ariel spoke with confidence. She knew the angels’ skills and capabilities as warriors, and even without powers they can accomplish any task given to them.

“It’s settled then. Jin, Jimin and Jungkook will be assigned on this mission. They need to know everything there is to know about the missing Guardian and what truly happened”, Azrael was satisfied with the chosen angels.

“I think you need to add Yoongi in there”, Michael suggested and caught everyone’s attention.

“Aren’t Jin’s and Jungkook’s powers enough for the search?”, Gabriel was baffled. The youngest angel’s strength could kill a hundred being in one blow and Jin’s masterful extraction of information can even penetrate a spy’s deepest secret.

“About that, I think Jin had developed another ability”, the archangels looked at Jophiel with confusion, “but we don’t know if it’s temporary or permanent”.

The silence made her uncomfortable but she continued, “he had acquired an ability similar to Heaven’s. It happened when he helped revive her mind when Lucifer attacked Fairyland”. She relayed what her son had admitted to her. “He is new to this ability and may take time to learn from it”, she finished and all nodded in understanding.

“Then, why do we need to put Yoongi in the team? Let’s admit it, my son can be very intimidating to any being but he is good as a reaper of souls”, Azrael truthfully admitted and everyone agreed.
Jophiel and Michael looked at each other with uneasiness but spoke nevertheless, “We need Yoongi’s fierceness to where they will be going”.

“and where exactly are they going?”, Ariel questioned and all attention went to their leader.

“to hell”.

All eyes widen with their mouths hanging open.