Epilogue

Nikaia woke up to the sound of a male voice cooing and a child chuckling. Her eyes were greeted with beautifully designed ceiling. It looked familiar.

Another chuckle brought her senses awake and she jerks up to see Jin hunched on a crib, placed near the foot of her bed. He was happily waving a white feather into the child’s small hands. She assumed it came loose from his wing.

She didn’t notice the tears running down her cheeks and wasn’t able to stop her sobs. This interrupted the father and daughter. He turned to her and gave her the sweetest smile she ever saw but there was something peculiar on his face. Half of it was beautifully painted with colorful ink like a tattoo, perhaps to cover his wound. It made him looked more gorgeous and mysterious but it suddenly broke her heart knowing she had caused him this flaw.

 It made him looked more gorgeous and mysterious but it suddenly broke her heart knowing she had caused him this flaw

“I’m glad you’re awake”, he picks up the child, walks to her and handed the babe in her arms. She was lost for words and just embraced her precious offspring. She tried to control her emotions but failed.

Jin clearly saw how she missed her daughter and how the nymph desperately longed to touch her. Nikaia looked at him, “Ho.....how?”.

“You don’t need to know the details. She’s now safe, that’s all that matters”.

She once again stared at her daughter. She caressed her small cheeks just like before. Time flies so fast that her babe have gotten bigger. She also felt something on her back that she didn't notice earlier. She looked at it and saw small bones protruding on the two holes specifically made at the back of her clothes. Nikaia glanced back at Jin to which the latter confirmed by stretching his own beautiful white wings, “Yes, wings”.

“How long was I unconscious?”, she was astounded. Surely, it wasn't that long for her to miss seeing this on her daughter. She also recalled that this was not the room she was in when Jimin left her, “and are we in Fairyland?”.

“Yes, we are and you slept for three full moons”.

The nymph was shocked. She thought it was just days but.......,”wait, why was I unconscious for so............”, it then hit her, “it was not a dream! You.......you invaded my personal space........I mean head!”, Nikaia yelled.

Jin finds her reaction so adorable and tried to suppress his grin, “guilty and I am sorry about that”.

“But.....”, she wanted to curse at him but stops when her daughter’s small fingers reached for her chin, “I’m sorry, darling. I will not yell at your father again”, she gave the angel a deathly glare.

“Besides if I didn’t pry at your head I would not be bale to save her”, he said as an excuse.

“Fine, your forgiven”.

“Thank you”, Jin leaned in and gave her a peck on the lips to which she was caught off guard. Luckily, they were interrupted by a knock and a head peeking at the door.