Part XXXVI

Nikaia opened her eyes only to be greeted with unfamiliar setting. She sat up and realized she was on a bed. She roamed her eyes around her and was surprised that she wasn’t in Felicity’s room, instead it was a room surrounded by glass walls and on the other side was an angel sitting on a chair with a bandage on his arm. He was staring at her with suspicious eyes.

“Where am I?”, she asked but he stayed silent, scrutinizing her. She stood up and tried to bang at the wall with all her might.

“You’ll just hurt yourself”, the angel said unmoving.

“Get me out of here, Jimin, before I kill you, too”, she threatened.

The angel giggled sarcastically, “If I were you, I’ll try to get out of there first before making any threats”.

Nikaia felt exasperated that she tried to punch and kick the wall, thinking it was made of glass and will easily shatter but she was wrong. “Ahhhhh!!!!!”.

“Told you, it’s no use. Hoseok’s shield made it unbreakable”.
After hearing it, Nikaia gave up.

Sensing that she had calmed down, Jimin asked the question that bothered him ever since they left Felicity’s room, “Why did you do it?”.

Nikaia was taken aback but soon recalled what she had done. The rage and grief she had felt that time, came storming inside her. All she could do was act on impulse and that was to kill Jin. Jin, who had the chance to save Naya. Jin, who made a promise to save her. “He deserves to die. He killed my sister”. Tears started to cloud her eyes.

Jimin knew he couldn’t change her mind but at least he wants to know what had given her the reason to attack Jin. He had an idea that it involved her sister.

“What exactly did you see, Nika?”, the angel saw how the crystal embraced her as its mistress and gave its energy to the nymph. He knew it showed her something to make her go berserk.

Nikaia spotted a chair nearby and sat on it. “I saw my sister die. I saw how she desperately hang on to live. When all helplessness left her, Jin had given her hope. A chance to live. A chance to be free”.

Jimin remembered that incident. Jungkook had told him about the being Jin almost rescued but unfortunately, when they came back she was gone. They had always wondered of what came of her.
Jin was miserable for months and they all knew he was blaming himself for leaving her like that.

“But ......... instead he left her. He left her to die”, she couldn’t control the tears and emotions she was feeling. She cries her heart out.

The angel feels that no words can comfort her at this moment. He lets her expressed her sorrow and just listened patiently to her sobs.

Minutes passed when Nikaia hushed down but her next words puzzled Jimin, “I should have killed one of you in the forest”.

“What did you say?”, he leaned in and propped his arms on his thighs. Did he hear her correctly?

She looked up and stared at him with piercing eyes, “I said I should have killed one of you in the forest. It could have been easy”.

“What do you mean by that?”, Jimin tried to hide the shock he felt. Was Nikaia really going to end their lives? Why?

“I only need to kill an angel. It doesn’t matter which one of you. But I guess, if I did then, I’ll never know the truth about Naya”.

The angel tried to process every word she said but still can’t figure the reason the need to kill them. For the short time he knew her, he knows that she is a kind, sweet and a very compassionate being. He couldn’t believe she’ll just sought them to end their lives. Something about this is not right.

“Why do you need to kill an angel and why us?”.

The nymph doesn’t want to expose the truth but she’s already caught and who knows what these angels will do to her. Her only thought was for her child to live.

“It .......... It was the only option for me to save someone”.
His instinct was right. She was forced to do this but by whom?

“Who gave you an order to kill us?”.

Nikaia did not want to say her name, in fear of sensing the failed attempt to give her an angel’s blood and so she only said, “The sorceress of hell”.

The angel’s eyes widen. He felt that hell was involved in this and it was once again confirmed. This just means that Lucifer was aware to all of these. He stood up and paced back and forth but stopped when he realized something, “Oh, what did you mean it was the only option to save someone? Who do you need to save?”.

Nikaia deeply sighed and speaks the truth, “my daughter”.

This time, Jimin could not hide his surprise and stared at her with mouth agape. When he got over it, he asked, “Where......where is she now?”.

“I don’t know. All I know is that the sorceress will kill her if I don’t kill one of you”, sadness returned to her eyes.

“I’m sorry, Nika. You had to suffer these heartaches. You should have told us. We could have.........”.

She cuts him, “If you have known she will not hesitate to kill her”.

The angel started to pace again and suddenly halted, “I know you have not known me for a long time and I know you don’t trust us but I promise you this, I will find a way to save your daughter”.
Nikaia stood up, “Don’t do anything stupid, Jimin. Her life is at stake here. The best you can do is get me out of here and I will get her myself”.

“I’m afraid I can’t do that. After what you did to Jin I don’t really trust you at the moment. Besides, this will protect you from yourself and ........... from Jin”.

The nymph caught his last words. She knew her action had a consequence and that was the hate from the father of her child. She just hope she’ll kill him first before he does. But why does her heart hurt when she thought of killing Jin? Now she realized the severity of what she just did. She had acted on impulse that she forgot her own heart’s desire.

“I’m willing to die but let me save my daughter first”.

Jimin was frustrated. Both Nikaia and Jin had the same personality when it comes to their urges for saving others before themselves, well except the other one is a daughter of hers.

He needs to do something about this, “I ............ I need to leave you but I’ll be back”.

“Don’t leave me here, Jimin!”, the nymph yelled.

Jimin stops at the door and turned, “Oh, by the way, your crystal got us out of hell”, he then proceeds to exit the room, leaving Nikaia in puzzle as she stared at the crystal on her wrist, knowing full well the extent of the crystal’s power or was she wrong?