Part XXVIII

The elf and the two angels left for hours and they also had been walking for hours, but one angel didn’t say a word since then and it didn’t go unnoticed.

Yoongi took a few steps back to match with Jin’s, who chose to walk as the last in the group.

“You okay?”, the dark-haired angel asked.

“Hmm”, Jin’s answer and kept looking straight, where Nikaia and Jimin was having a silent conversation while Jungkook is still dragging the injured demon.

“That doesn’t sound okay”.

“I’m not”.

Yoongi didn’t say a word and waited for him to continue.

“Her sister....”, Jin paused and tried to lower his voice, “I think her sister was giving the message to me”.

“Why do you say that?”.

“Yoongi, she spoke in Latin. She knows we are angels. That is the only logical reason why I think she spoke those words”, Jin had mixed emotions. Hope because he desperately wanted her to be alive, to get rid of the guilt he had been feeling ever since he left hell. Joy for Nikaia because she will be reunited with her sister.

“Maybe, but are you certain that her sister and the female being that we saw is the same?”.

“Yes. Remember when we went at the Oceanids’ home and there were four paintings of the Guardians with crystals on their bracelets? I just recalled, even when I didn’t saw her face, the female being in hell was wearing one of those bracelets”.

“When will you tell her?”.

That was what he was afraid of. Nikaia needed to know about his encounter with her sister. But something was holding him back.

“I......in time, I will tell her in time”.

“Damn! I hate to be in your shoes right now”.

“If only I was a minute early, I could have.....”, Jin released a deep sigh.

“Jin”, he squeezed his cousin’s shoulder to remind him that it’s not his fault. “but there’s something’s bothering me”.

“about what?”, Jin stole a glance at Nikaia to make sure that she’s fine and it appeases him to see she’s giggling with Jimin.

“Why do these demons kept abducting monarchs?”.

The older angel looked puzzled as well, “Do you think Lucifer ordered it?”.

“I don’t know but even if he knew about it why was Yna pulled out of hell? Did he knew about it?”.

“Maybe his abductors were just bastards and went AWOL to go against him”.

“I doubt that. No one would ever dare cross the devil”.

The demon stopped when they reached the opening of a cave, “We’re here”, Jungkook announced and pushed him to enter first.

Yoongi flicked his fingers and a small fire appeared on it. He followed Jungkook and the demon while the others followed.

Jimin noticed Nikaia’s fascination at this his cousin’s action, “you should see the others’ abilities, especially Namjoon’s”.

“Huh?”, she couldn’t think of a better ability than Yoongi’s capability to produce fire and to move things.

“Ready?”, Jungkook asked everyone as they halted deep into the cave.

“I’ll tell you some other time”, Jimin winked at the nymph before stepping back.

The four angels transformed before Nikaia’s eyes. Their wings changed from soft whit feathers to hard steel wings. Their once empty hands are now clutching their swords. They’re still wearing all black outfits but the difference now is the way they hugged into their body like a second skin. It made them looked like warriors ready for battle.

Jin immediately went to Nikaia but the nymph was speechless and just stared at him without blinking.

“Pincess?”, he interrupted.

Nikaia blushed when she realized her momentary trance. She forgot to breath for a second when they did the transformation. She never imagined she’ll ever witness this kind of phenomena. She only heard it from the elder Dryads that Archangels are the only beings from the angelkind who could do this but now, their children had inherited this amazing ability.

“I....I’m fine”, she said but her eyes never left Jin’s beautiful face and instantly caught herself before the angel could notice her infatuated state.

The angel positioned himself beside Nikaia in a protective gesture which the latter found confusing but then remembered his promise to keep her safe and so, disregards the sensation in her body caused by Jin’s hand on her back.

“Open it”, Yoongi hissed at the demon but the latter was being stubborn.

“We don’t have time for this”, Jimin grabbed his hair, placed the edge of his sword on his neck and whispered, “O.........pen.......it!”.

The demon slowly nods his head and gulped when the blond-haired angel released him. Jimin cuts the rope that ties him to give his hands freedom to move.

He extends both his hands at the wall of the cave and chanted silently until they felt a slight rumble around them and a small dark hole appeared on the wall which slowly grows larger. Jimin and Jungkook entered first followed by Jin and Nikaia
The other side of the portal was indeed the dungeons and all four landed safely. They waited for Yoongi and the demon but was surprised when he was alone.

“Where is he?”, Jin asked softly. They wouldn’t want to alert the enemies of their presence.

“To ashes he shall return”, Yoongi sarcastically recited and they all stared at the portal slowly fading away.

“Why did you do that?”, Jimin was worried.

“How will we ever leave this place if.....”, Nikaia said the words the others are thinking about.

“We are in hell. There are many fishes in the pond”, Yoongi smirked.

Of course, he was right. Every demon in hell is their passage out.

“Did he scream loudly?”, Jungkook questioned.

“almost ruined my hearing senses”, the black-haired angel answered.

“Good”, this brought satisfaction to the angels, knowing the demon died a painful death.

“Where should we seek first?”, Jimin turned to Jin.

“And how do we know if she is the Guardian?”, Jungkook asked.

“We have the same hair color ........and she’s wearing a bracelet”, she gave them the a physical description that they can easily distinguish.

“Check every cell in this dungeon undetected and if ever you get a glimpse of a demon ........... go straight for his throat”, Jin added.

Nikaia didn’t expect hell to be like this. She knew it would be dark but she thought it to be a cave-like place with moldy walls, damp floors and sizzling hot temperature but instead she was greeted with a palace-like picture. It was like mirroring Fairyland but with a dark theme. Not to mention the constant cries and screams of agony from the souls being tortured somewhere in this hellhole of a place.

It squeezed her heart knowing full well the extent of their endless excruciating misery.

They slowly and silently creep from one cell to the other just to see if any of the prisoners was her sister. They all reunited at the last cell, beside the bottom of the stairs.

Jin couldn’t take his eyes away from the four cornered room. This was the cell where he had last seen the female being. The agonizing memory crushed him.

“Jin”, Yoongi called as he approaches and shakes his head.

“She’s not there”, Jimin stated.

“Negative”, Jungkook seconded.

“I’m sorry”, Jin directed at Nikaia. He thoroughly searched at every cell but with no luck.

It was obvious that they were all devastated for not finding Naya. The occupants were either on the brink of death or mentally lost that not one  can give them a straight answer.

“This place will really mess with your head if you’re still alive”, Jimin observed.

“Why are there no guards?”, Nikaia asked. She was curious because they had checked the whole dungeons without any interruption.

“They don’t need one. They have nowhere to escape to”, Jin explained and it breaks the nymph’s heart to know that Naya may have suffered the same fate.

“Clearly she’s not here”, Jungkook stated, “What should we do?”.

“We need to find her”, Nikaia was in a desperate state.

“We will but we have to know where to go from here”, Jin looked at Yoongi, “ any ideas?”, the latter shakes his head.

“Do you think they have a record or something?”, Nikaia questioned.

“We don’t know but .......”, the eldest angel can’t remember if this topic was ever discussed when they were young. These were the times when he wished for Namjoon’s intellect to work but sadly he isn’t with them right now.

“I think I know who can help us with that”, Yoongi butted in as he thought of the being who will help them with their predicament. Fortunately for them, that being is a resident of hell.

 Fortunately for them, that being is a resident of hell