Prologue

“Eroméni, they have arrived”, one of the nymphs announced.
Nikaia hurriedly stood up, anxious on the news about her sister. It has been a year since she was abducted. She and the other nymphs had tried their best to search for her.

Naya was their leader, she was one of the Guardians of the Crystals.

When she went missing, they searched everywhere but with no luck. They even went to Elveria, hoping that she just needed some time alone and had asked the Elves for sanctuary but then they came back empty handed.

The warriors of the Dryads entered the cave and bowed their heads to her, as their new leader.

“Rhanis?,” she addressed her best fighter and also her right hand.

“I......... I’m sorry”, the warrior shook her head with a sad face.

“What do you mean?”, Nikaia’s confused expression made Rhanis want to lie but she can’t, their leader needed to know the truth.

“You need to sit down”.

“ÓCHI!”, she roared her refusal.

The Dryads knew that she’s angry and with her current situation, it can be dangerous for her and her offspring.

Not one of them had been pregnant ever since their leader was abducted, not until the angels with the fairy came into their forest.

Nikaia was the only one who was blessed to carry an offspring with the celestial being. The other nymphs who had intercourse with the other two angels were not so lucky. She was the only one compatible and the Dryads were joyful about it.

When they learned that Nikaia was carrying, the Dryads made sure that she is taken care of at all means, the reason why a lot of protests were raised when she decided to search once again for her sister, Naya. They knew that if the Guardian wasn’t found it could only mean the worst and that will devastate Nikaia.

Rhanis saw the sternness on their leader’s face, “We encountered some demons while looking for her and after a lot of persuasion we were able to extract an information”, and by that, their mistress was aware of the torture the demons endured to tattle. This didn’t sway her rage to feel guilty for them.

“and?”, she was getting impatient.

“One of them admitted to guarding her before her ........... “, the nymph gulped, unsure of what to say next.

“before what?!”,

“Her death”.

She felt all color was drain out of her body and for a moment forgot how to breathe.

The nymphs treated each other as sisters though not all of them are directly related but Nikaia and Naya are different. They are siblings. This is also the reason why she became the Dryad’s leader after Naya went missing, she was the direct kin of the Guardian.

She almost lost her balance but Rhanis was quick to her side.

“Óchi! Óchi! Óchi! No! No!”, Nikaia felt the tears run down her cheeks. Her heart was aching from the brutal pain of her sister’s death. She clutched onto the warrior and friend. “No, Rhanis. Please, tell me you’re lying!”, she begged and could not stop her cries.

“I’m sorry”, was all she heard from the other nymph before blackness engulf her consciousness.

Nikaia woke up alone in her corner. Her sisters decided to make her a makeshift bed to make her feel comfortable because of her condition and they also made a divider which was made of large leaves, put together, for her privacy.

She then remembered why she fainted and once again, cried silently for her sister.

How did you die? Did you suffer?, questions she knew will not be answered but somehow felt that Naya suffered a lot by a demon’s hand.

A sudden kick on her abdomen made her looked at it and smile. Her babe is the only hope she could feel right now. Hope for her and hope for the Dryads.

“I’m sorry for crying”, she whispered and slowly rub her stomach. Her thoughts went to her offspring.

“Will you have wings like your father? Will you have the color of my hair?”, she and Naya were the only Dryads who have red hair. She caressed her skin and felt a bump on it.

She smiled, “Oh, you like that? You want me to talk about your father?”.

Another kick answered her, “Well, your father is the most beautiful angel I have ever seen. He has light brown hair, plumped lips, wide shoulders with beautiful and soft wings”, she can still remember his face and felt herself blush.

“and your father’s name is Jin”.