13 - The Assignment Abroad

Alex was feeling grateful. Everything was going right for the first time in her life. She was happy.

Her career was taking off. She had her first out of state job and therefore, experienced her first airplane ride. Annie helped her through the whole process the first time. The second time, she had to do it on her own and with some help from the people around her, she managed to complete the job and returned in one piece. She was happy to have achieved such a big milestone in her life.

Her relationship with Jesse was going great too. She didn't think it was possible for the sex to get anymore fun, but Jesse kept introducing new and exciting things that kept her blood running hot. There were times when their schedule clashed and they don't see each other for days. But when they do, they spent their free time together, doing a number of fun activities and sex every night. 

Alex and Neesha have become closer too. The other models in the house were not that friendly, just saying hello in passing with tight smiles. So Neesha was the closest friend that Alex had. She learnt how to dress, how to use makeup, and many more life tips from Neesha. After a year there, she hardly recognised herself anymore, in a good way.

*****

Alex was excited when she received the invitation for the B&G Talent Agency Annual Christmas Party. She had never been to a formal party before and Neesha told her that it was going to be big. All employees were invited, from all over the country. So Neesha strongly suggested that they dress to impress. She insisted for them to go shopping for new dresses to wear to the party. 

Even though Alex was making good money by then, she still felt awkward about spending too much. So she bought a red vintage party dress from one of the stores near the apartment. The dress was from the 50s, off-shouldered with flared skirt. Alex loved the way the material swayed as she moved. She paired the dress with tanned heels and matching clutch to complete the look. 

Neesha had more expensive taste. She was wearing a designer emerald green glittery one-shouldered mini dress with elaborated large ribbon on the side of her waist. She paired the dress with black ankle strap pumps and black clutch. 

The two got ready together in Neesha's room. Neesha helped Alex with her hair and makeup. To match her dress, Neesha gave Alex a 50s style bun. For her makeup, thick eyeliners and red lipsticks. For herself, Neesha wore her hair up into a high ponytail. Her makeup was flawless.  

Once ready, they headed to the kitchen where Jesse was waiting for them. He was looking at his phone and drinking beer from the bottle. He looked up and when he caught sight of Alex, his face lit up. 

"Look at you..."

He sauntered towards her and took her hands. His eyes travelled from her head to her toe. "You look amazing," he said softly and leaned in.

Before he could kiss her, Neesha stopped him. "Uh-uh! Do not smudge her lipstick!" she warned, shaking her index finger at him.

Jesse rolled his eyes and settled with a kiss on Alex's cheek. 

Neesha cleared her throat and they looked at her. She gestured to herself. "I want a compliment too," she said.

Jesse grinned and said, "You look nice."

Neesha scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Let's hope there are some other hotter guys who would appreciate this," she said, gesturing to her body, "More than you."

"Yeah, let's hope," Jesse replied, grinning. He turned to Alex and asked, "Ready to go?"

"Yup," Alex replied, smiling widely. "You look very handsome, by the way."