73 - The Big Day

Alex looked at herself in the full length mirror. She wondered if she went too simple with the dress. It was an outdoor wedding so she'd chosen a simple but elegant wedding dress, an A-line skirt with intricate lace overlay on the bodice, hem and sleeves. Well, it's too late to change dresses now.

She turned her head side to side to see her hair

She turned her head side to side to see her hair. She had chosen the hairstyle from an online picture. The hairstylist managed to copy it perfectly. 

Lastly she looked at her face in the mirror

Lastly she looked at her face in the mirror. Her eyes were wide. She had never been more nervous in her life. She shook her head and smiled at her reflection. Her makeup was perfect too, thanks to the makeup artist Ellen Price hired.

That's it, I'm ready. She realised how hard she was breathing. Come on, Alex. You are ready.

She took a deep breath and exhaled. Then she opened the doors and stepped out to the living room of the hotel suite where she was getting ready. Her bridesmaids were there; Neesha, Cara and Molly, along with Wanda. When she came out, all of them turned to her and started gushing about how beautiful she looked. 

They all headed down to the lobby where John was waiting with a white limousine. When he saw Alex, he beamed and kissed her cheeks. Then they all headed to the cliff where the wedding ceremony was being held. Paul will be heading there from the cottage with his best mates. 

By the time the limousine arrived with the bridal party, everyone was ready. John drove up directly to the red carpet and parked the car. He dismounted from the driver's seat and opened the passenger door. One by one, the bridesmaids got out and strolled along the red carpet towards the altar.

Wanda turned to Alex and smiled, "Come on, the groom is waiting."

She climbed out of the car and waited for Alex. Alex took a deep breath and stepped out.

The moment she appeared, the string quartet started playing Lay Me Down by Sam Smith. It was their song.

Alex held Wanda's hand and they walked down the aisle together. Paul was looking dashing in his wedding suit. He was smiling ear to ear as he watched her coming up to him.