19 - The Independence

With Ethan's help, Alex managed to move her things into Raj's loft. Luckily, she didn't own too many stuff. All her things fit into Ethan's trunk easily. 

Ethan whistled when he saw the loft for the first time. "Sweet crib!" he remarked, gaping as he looked around.

Alex laughed and said, "Well, it's a loan. It's not really mine." She dropped the box she was carrying near the wall. 

Ethan followed suit. "So how long will your friend be gone for?" he asked.

"I don't know," Alex replied honestly. "But he said I can stay here while he's away."

"Lucky you," Ethan said as he plopped down on the couch. "I wish I could stay in a place like this."

Alex joined him and said, "Well, if you and Ian ever have a lover's quarrel, then this couch will be here waiting for you."

They looked at each other and laughed.

*****

Living in a new neighbourhood took a lot to get used to. Alex had trouble finding her way around during the first few weeks. She was late to a few jobs because of that. But she kept exploring the surroundings and discovered public transportations around the area. Before long, she was back on her feet.

In fact, Alex was enjoying living by herself. She cooked her own food, cleaned her own mess, and she has a lot of rooms to herself. She even took Raj's Vespa out for a few rides around town. She has found her happiness in solitary. 

There were rare times when she felt lonely. Before this, she had Jesse and Neesha. Now, when she missed company, she would call Ethan. Luckily, Ian was not the jealous type.

*****

It was a Sunday morning. Alex was getting ready to go to the farmer's market downtown. She opened the garage and got on the Vespa. She was putting on the helmet when a man walked into the garage.

"Hey, Raj, could I borrow your-"

They both froze and looked at each other. The man was tall, more than 6 feet, with blonde hair that badly in need of a wash and cut, and a handsome chiseled face that needed a shave. He stood there, framed by the garage door, shirtless, showing off his washboard abs and muscles. His worn jeans were sitting low on his hips, showing the top of the V-shape of his toned pelvic. His hands were covered in black oil stains. 

The frown on his face transformed to a wide flirtatious grin, showing off the deep dimples on both stubbled cheeks. "You're not Raj," he said, stating the obvious.

"Raj's not here," Alex informed him, buckling her helmet

He strolled lazily to her, flashing that sexy grin. "I'm Zack. My studio is next door. And you are?"

Alex looked up at him with a straight face. "I'm late," she said and started the Vespa. She kicked the side stand up and said to him, "And you're in my way."