61 - The Ugly Drunk

"So, you and Jesse?" Paul asked.

It was late that night, Alex was naked in Paul's bed, post-coital. She was lying on her belly, with her head resting on her folded arms. Paul was lying on his side, with his head propped up on one arm. His other hand was caressing her bare back.

"You could tell?" she asked him curiously.

Paul shrugged. "Something about the way he was looking at you," he explained. "When was this?"

"About five years ago, when I joined B&G," Alex told him. She paused, then added, "He was my first."

Paul frowned. "Your first love? Really?"

Alex bit her lips and said, "I meant my first time."

Paul's eyes widened with surprise. "Honestly?"

Alex chuckled. "Why would I be lying about that?"

"I know, I just meant," Paul struggled to find the right words and finally gave up. Then he asked, "So he's one of the four?"

"Yes," Alex said. "But it was a long time ago."

"How did it ended?"

Alex sighed deeply. "The first time was when he got transferred to Paris."

"The first time?" Paul asked.

"Yes. We didn't want to try long distance relationship, so we ended it in good terms," Alex explained. She paused as the memory flooded her mind. Paul waited patiently for her to continue. He was tracing circles around the small of her back. "Then about a year later, he came back for one night, just a layover before he returned to Paris. We reconnected," Alex said delicately. 

Paul didn't say anything, he just kept listening and tracing his fingers on her back.

"The next morning, I wanted to see him one last time before his flight," Alex said and exhaled long and deep. "I saw him kissing another woman, in a romantic way."

"His girlfriend?" Paul asked.

Alex chuckled sadly. "I wasn't sure back then, but he confirmed it today." She looked at Paul and said, "Thus ends the story of how my heart got broken the first time."

Paul smiled and pulled her into his arms, pushing their naked bodies together. Alex lay her head on his chest, listening to his heart beating. "I'm sorry you had to go through that," he said softly. Then he added, "But I'm not really sorry."

Alex pinched his nipple and he yelped. She chuckled to herself. 

Paul chuckled and said, "What I meant to say was, whatever happened to you, no matter how bad it was, they had to happen so that you can finally end up here, in my bed, in my arms, completely naked." Alex chuckled and looked up at his face. He peered down at her, smiling. "It's a journey you just had to take."

Alex smiled at him and teased, "I didn't know you were so philosophical."

"Hm?" Paul hummed and asked, "Does that turn you on?"

"Oh, you have no idea..."

Alex reached under the comforter and wrapped her fingers around his cock. She leaned up and kissed him, gearing up for round two.

*****

It was a Sunday night and Alex was at home, watching a movie with a glass of wine. Paul was away all weekend with some college friends for a Bachelor Party Weekend. He was supposed to come back on Monday. 

Alex had told him to have a great time and told him he didn't have to text or call her while he was away. But he did anyway.

A new text alert sounded from her phone. She checked it and smiled. Another text from Paul.