23 - The Temporary Roommate

The ride to Zack's place took almost an hour. Alex was expecting playful bantering the whole time but Zack was surprisingly quiet in the taxi.

His apartment was on the third floor of an old walk up building. He helped carry her luggage up the stairs. He unlocked the door and gestured for her to go inside. Then he followed after her.

Zack's place was surprisingly nice. Alex was expecting something rough, exposed bricks, exposed pipes, industrial lights. But what she walked into was an updated modern Victorian style apartment. The walls were dark blue, contrasted with the original light hardwood floors. There was an unused fireplace in the living room, a large comfortable brown leather sofa and big windows. The kitchen was nice too. Next to the kitchen was the bedroom door. The door was ajar and Alex could see the unmade king sized bed inside. 

"It's not as big as Raj's place," Zack said. 

Alex turned to him and was surprised that he looked worried. She smiled at him assuringly and said, "This place is great." She went to sit down on the sofa. It was really comfortable. "Dibs on the sofa."

Zack finally smiled and he sat down next to her. He rested his arm on the back of the sofa. "You can have my bed. I'll sleep out here."

Alex turned towards him. "Really? You're giving up your big, comfy bed for me?"

Zack grinned and looked towards the bedroom. "Come to think of it, it is a really big bed. Either one of us would be lonely sleeping alone in that bed." He flicked his eyes to Alex, grinning suggestively. 

Alex leaned back on the sofa and stared at the ceiling. She sighed and said, "I'm starting to have second thoughts about my decision to stay here."

Zack chuckled and massaged the top of her head. "Take the bed. Please, I insist."

Alex turned her head to him and they smiled at each other.

*****

Alex rolled around in the big bed. She always had trouble sleeping in a new place. Even though they changed the sheets earlier, there was still a lingering scent of earthy white musk in the pillows. It was the smell of Zack's cologne.

Alex rolled over on her back and stared at the ceiling. Right outside the bedroom, a hot guy was sleeping on his couch so that she could sleep comfortably in his bed. Even though he was lewd most of the time, she recalled the other times that Zack had shown his softer side. He was there when she was hurt by Jesse. She was vulnerable and he didn't take advantage of her. 

Having made up her mind, Alex pulled aside the comforter and climbed out of bed. She opened the bedroom door and slowly made her way to the living room. 

The orange light from the street flooded into the room. Alex could see Zack lying on the sofa, wearing only pyjamas bottom, with one arm behind his head. He was staring up at the ceiling. 

The floor creaked under Alex's feet and Zack's gaze turned to her. He smiled and asked, "Can't sleep?"

Alex sighed. "As much as I hate to admit it, you were right, the bed feels too big."

Zack sat up and swing his legs down to the floor. He bent forward with his elbows on his knees. He looked up at Alex. "What are you suggesting?"

"That bed is big enough for both of us," she said softly.

Zack looked down at the floor and chuckled. "I don't think that's a good idea."

Alex was not expecting him to say that. She felt dejected and embarrassed. "Yeah, alright." She turned around to leave. 

Zack straightened up and called her, "Alex."

She paused and turned back to face him. 

Zack sighed and said, "If we sleep in the same bed, I won't be able to keep my hands off you."

Alex looked at him and bit her bottom lip. She covered the distance between them and said, "Well, maybe I don't care." She held his shoulders and sat on his lap, straddling him. He seemed surprised with her forwardness. She moved her hands down his chest and over his abs. 

"Are you sure?" Zack asked. His voice sounded hoarse.

She looked into his eyes and she could see the fire burning in them. She nodded and said firmly, "I want you in bed with me."

Without waiting another second, Zack pounced on her, kissing her lips hungrily, his long fingers tangled in her hair. Alex was enveloped in his manly scent, mingled with the musky smell of his cologne. It was different from what she was used to. 

She felt his hand moving over her back and around her waist. Then his hand moved up and cupped her breast. His fingers played with her nipple until it hardened, protruding through the thin fabric of her satin nightdress. His hand moved up and held her neck. His fingers felt rough against her soft skin. 

She pulled away from his kiss to get some air. He continued kissing her chin, her cheeks and her neck, covering each inch of her skin with warm, scratchy kisses. Without warning, he stood up from the sofa with his arms tightly around her and carried her to the bedroom. He climbed on the bed, lay her down and searched for her lips again. 

He moved down, kissing her chin and her neck. He grabbed her breasts and took one nipple into his mouth, sucking on it over the nightdress, leaving wet marks behind. He did the same to the other side. Then he moved lower. He pulled up her hem and kissed her belly. He pulled down her panties and tossed it aside. Then he lowered his head in between her thighs. 

Alex couldn't help comparing him to Jesse. Jesse was more tender, making love to her so passionately. Zack was driven by lust and his every move was urgent and sexually energised. 

Alex felt herself rising and she came loudly, arching her back and slowly retracting as her orgasm subside. She was basking in the high when Zack pulled her down towards him. He already wore a condom and without wasting time, he penetrated into her, causing her to cry out. He quickly set his rhythm, pulling in and out of her, rocking her body with every move. 

He suddenly pulled out completely and turned her on her front. He spread her legs and pushed into her once again, and she moaned at the intrusion. He thrusted in and out of her, with his hands grasping her breasts. He kept going until once again, she came, her body rocking from the second orgasm. 

He pulled himself out and turned her back around to face him. He kissed her again, taking in that sweet taste of her mouth. He could tell that he was tiring her out, but he wanted more. He wrapped his arms around her and rolled over on his back. He positioned himself and entered her once more. She moaned weakly on his chest. He grabbed the hem of her dress and pulled it over her head. He wanted to feel her bare skin on him. 

Holding her tightly against him, he thrusted over and over into her, moving faster and faster, building himself up until finally, he came bursting into her with a loud grunt. He felt his whole body relaxed and he exhaled with relieve. He looked down at Alex, her face was covered by her hair. He pulled her hair aside and chuckled to himself. She was almost asleep. He had taken everything out of her.

He laid her down on her back and pulled the comforter up to her neck. He removed the used condom and tossed it into the bin. He glanced at her again and smiled with self-satisfaction. She was as pleasurable as he had thought. 

Then he lay down on his side of the bed and closed his eyes to go to sleep.