24 - The New Experiences

Alex woke up the next morning feeling sore all over. Zack was still sleeping beside her, snoring lightly. She climbed off the bed as quietly as she could and went to the ensuite bathroom. She closed the door quietly.

Alex stood in front of the mirror and stared at her reflection. She recalled what happened the night before, how her body reacted to Zack's skilful lovemaking. He gave her multiple orgasms, which she was not expecting. 

She didn't understand how it was possible. Yes, Zack was hot and clearly he knows how to pleasure a woman. He didn't hide the fact that he was attracted to her. But was she attracted to him? 

She knew deep in her heart that she was still getting over Jesse. 

Jesse. The one who got away. 

Alex shut her eyes and tried to keep down the sudden feeling of remorse that was rising from her stomach. 

No! He's evil Jesse. The one who broke her heart twice. The one who cheated on his girlfriend with her. The liar.

The remorse started to turn to anger and she felt the fire burning in her. She opened her eyes and stared at her determined reflection. Why should she feel guilty? She has every right to be with another man. Especially a man who makes her feel so good physically, like Zack does. 

Alex took a deep breath and exhaled. She decided to see where it goes with Zack. She turned away from the sink and headed into the shower.

Half an hour later, she stepped out of the bathroom in a bath towel. Zack was not in bed anymore. Alex could smell something cooking from the kitchen. She quickly got ready, putting on a pair of blue jeans and plain white t-shirt. Then she made the bed before heading to the kitchen.

Zack was at the stove, cooking in his pyjamas bottom. Alex took a seat on a stool at the breakfast bar attached to the peninsula and watched him with her chin propped on her hand. Zack glanced at her and she flashed him an impressed smile. He chuckled, showing off his dimples and returned his attention to the pan. He was making pancakes.

Zack flipped the last pancake on to the plate and turned off the gas. He garnished the plate with some fresh blueberries and mint leaves. Lastly, he poured some maple syrup on top and dusted some powdered sugar to finish it off. He placed the beautiful dish in front of Alex.

She smiled at it and said, "You are an artist."

He smiled at her and asked, "Coffee or juice?"

"Both, please."

He poured the cold apple juice into a tall glass and poured the coffee into a mug. He placed the drinks next to her plate. "Bon appétit."

Under his watchful eyes, Alex picked up her fork and cut off a piece of pancake. She stabbed it with the fork, together with a blueberry, and put it in her mouth. She shut her eyes and moaned. It was so good. The pancake was warm and fluffy, the blueberry was cool and sweet. It was the perfect combination. 

She opened her eyes and realised that Zack was still watching her, his eyes full of lust. She chuckled and asked him, "Do you treat all your lovers this way?"

Zack smirked but didn't answer. He walked around the peninsula to her side and turned her stool so that she was facing him. He cupped her chin and pulled her face up. Then he pressed his lips against hers. His kiss was surprisingly tender, compared to the night before. She placed her hands on his abs, feeling the muscles moved under her fingers. 

He pulled away and smiled down at her. "Why are you dressed?" he asked softly.

"I have to go to work," Alex replied.