Chapter 30

Unedited.

Enjoy taekook moments, because..

Namjoon, Seokjin, Jimin had rushed home as soon as they heard what had happened to Taehyung

Namjoon, Seokjin, Jimin had rushed home as soon as they heard what had happened to Taehyung. Jong Suk and Jackson returned to their headquarters to investigate the identity of those snipers.

It's been a few hours later Taehyung still unconscious from shock. Jungkook sat by the side of the bed, studying Taehyung's face. His chest rose and fell evenly, and Jungkook found that watching the motion was comforting, almost hypnotic.

Earlier, upon reaching the mansion, Jungkook quickly bring Taehyung to his bedroom and gently laid him on his bed.
He slipped off Taehyung's shoes, cleaned away all the blood and wrapped the wound in a clean bandage, change into clean clothes before covering him with a light blanket.

The first thing Taehyung noticed when he woke up was that his left side body was aching. He opened his eyes slowly and saw Jungkook next to him.

For one blissful second he forgot where he was and he groaned in annoyance by instinct, he wanted to sleep some more. And then he remembered, memories flooding his mind.

He instantly sits up but a sting on his left waist making him letting out a soft whine, he rubbed his waist but the prickly, unpleasant ache stayed.

"Hey, careful there, don't rub too hard. I had clean and put some cream, mhm.. it may left a scar though.. I'm sorry, Tae,"

"N-no, I'm fine—" Taehyung tried to take in air, it all came out with a series of dry coughs.

“T-thank you.. for saving me again,” he rasped out in between sharp gasps, but his face had turned a puffy shade of red, when Jungkook rubbed comforting circles on his back before he felt his forehead to check for a sign of fever.

"You don’t seem to have a temperature. Good, that’s all I need to know.” Jungkook just wanted to make sure there wasn’t anything wrong with Taehyung.

But this moment of pure bliss have to cut short, Jungkook can't waste anymore time. It killed him to actually know the person he had torture, someone else also wanted his Taehyung, to die.

“Tae... what was that all about? who wanted to get rid of you? Just tell me the names and I promise you I'll destroyed them to the moon and back."

Jungkook's sudden change made Taehyung looks down and his tears rolls down his cheeks. He's a tragedy in everyone’s lives, but this time it's not wrong if he seeks protection, right?

"I've caused too much trouble isn't it? Maybe I deserve every punishment—"

"Taehyung, stop. If you really love me, tell me everything. Unless you just created up those lies and pretended to have feelings for me. I won't get mad, Tae. You were hurting, and I was horrible to you.”

Taehyung lifted his head and stared into Jungkook’s eyes, taking a good look at all his defining features. He wouldn’t know if it would be the last time he would ever see him.....

The threat of death was always near. Taehyung felt scared now. But could he reach out to anyone and would they all be there for him? Breathing became tiring, maybe it's time to spill everything.

“I love you, Jungkook! I really do! But I don't expect you to returned my feelings.. Because I know you’re going to be happy with someone else.." Taehyung thought Jungkook deserved someone who would grow with him together and be there for him throughout his future.

"Shut up! Okay, fine! I’m telling you now that I love you too. Okay? I'm a mafia, Tae. I'm not good at sugar coating with words. I love you so much, that my chest feels like it’s going to overflow.” —
Jungkook gestured to his heart, grabbing Taehyung's hands to let him touch his living, beating organ.

"Taehyung.. truthfully, I have never felt like this before. These feelings were everything to me. What I'm trying to say is.. please grant me the chance to fixed my mistakes. For my every wrong move, I'll make it right, please?.."

Jungkook asked in a small voice, afraid of what to come next. They both now lapsed into a comfortable silence.

Everything becomes so emotional for Jungkook, his heart ready to burst when Taehyung grabbed his shirt closer to him, and he kissed Jungkook softly on his cheeks.

"I trust you, Jungkook. I won't let you fixed this whole situation on your own. Let's fight this together.  Our love affairs may be twisted, but if we join forces, we can make it much better."

Jungkook then gently grabbed Taehyung's face and crashed his lips onto the younger. They kissed for several moments. Taehyung parted his lips, deepening the kiss.

It was only them in the world. Taehyung's heart was full to the brim with love for Jungkook. He couldn't remember being this happy ever in his life.

At that moment Jungkook knew, no matter what, he would be and make sure Taehyung will be with him until the very end. Always. After a minute, they back off for a breath, foreheads rested against each other.

Jungkook snapped back to reality and grabbed hold of Taehyung's hand tighter, and kissed them. His mind going crazy, how could this innocent soul forgive him easily?

"Tae... I'm s-sorry... I'm sorry f--for e--everything I did to you. It's bad e-enough for me to go to hell but I cannot drag you along with me," Jungkook the merciless mafia man, stuttered.

"No Jungkook-ah, you're not dragging me to hell,"  assured Taehyung but his words shows Taehyung is screaming for protection, "My world is so much safer now. Because of you by my side. I will keep you safe—"

"Kim Taehyung," Jungkook interrupted, "I fucking swear that's my job to keep you safe. You're my priority now that I'll protect you with my life." said Jungkook in all seriousness.

"I love you," Jungkook whispered again. It felt good to say it and hear it out loud.

 It felt good to say it and hear it out loud