Chapter 43

short and unedited.
WARNING: minor character death.

On the edge of the roof, everything went in slow motion.... 

Jungkook quickly tackled Taehyung out of the way.

He replaced himself and managed to grabbed the bastard shoulder, but unable to stabilise himself, both he and Joon Gi fall off the roof.

Exhausted Taehyung was thrown and rolled over to the ground. He screamed, the pain being worse than anything he had felt before after realizing the situation,

Taehyung crawled halfway to the staircase and stood up holding on to the dusty railings and ran down. He did stumbled the last stairs,

but he forced through the pain and push himself back up, because he needs to reach Jungkook's side faster,

"Koo..." Taehyung cooed and whimpered approaching cautiously when he reached the ground.

He saw Joon Gi broken body, dead, and Jungkook was lying there in a pool of blood.

His stomach dropped and his heart lurched at the bloody sight of Jungkook on top of Joon Gi, but still...

No.

No!

Taehyung rushed over and sunk his knees to the broken and bloody state of Jungkook. He cradled his lover lifeless body in his arms, against his chest. ill-fated.

"C-come back, don't leave me." He wept, his voice cracked and broken as he begged. He tried to make it sound commanding, but only a series of sobs escaped his mouth.

"W-why did y-you do it!? Why!"

"I.. I swore.. to p..protect you and.. I love.. you, so.. much that I would.. die.. for you.."

Jungkook's hurtful voice was softening and coughing a mouthful of blood out as his hand shakily lifted and cupped Taehyung's cheek,

"J.. just remember me as t.. the hero in y--your life—"

Taehyung shook his head stubbornly. "N--no, I d-don't want! I will bring you to the hospital. Please h-hold on!.. " He tried to lift up Jungkook body but failed. His strength already disappearing.

Jungkook breathing had become heavy, his eyes were half-shut,

"Shhhh.. L.. let me go, Tae.. You left me.. while I'm in.. coma, I'm sure you.. don't mind if I really leave.. this time,"

“Don’t you dare! No! Fuck, this wasn’t supposed to happen! Please!" Taehyung sobbed louder. He felt like his head almost bursting, a worsening pain spread through his body.

"Forget me.. and.. move on.." Jungkook whispered as he took his last breathes. "I.. love... you..”

The cold air was sucking more of his energy away with every breath he took.

Jungkook's soul slipping away silently, his breathing had slowed and finally stopped as he went limp in Taehyung's arms. Confused Taehyung place his shaky fingers gently on Jungkook's neck.

His heartbeat speed up when he felt no pulse. He moved his fingers over Jungkook's face, his brow, nose, lips. No warmth of life.

"Koo?" He gently rocked back and forth not knowing what else to do apart from holding the man he loved.

"Nooo! God no, p- please don't take my sunshine away, Jungkook-ah! I'm sorry... Koo, please forgive me...."

Taehyung whined against the unfairness of the world as the tenuous hold he’d had on his emotions broke.

The unresponsiveness sent a knife straight into his heart as he held the male tighter, not caring at all about the military jet arrives nearby and the chaos happening around him.

Why could only one of them live? More tears flowed freely down his face. He could never imagined his life without the other.

What is he supposed to do with all the love he have for somebody if that person is no longer there?

Now that the love of his life is gone, he felt a huge part of himself die right along with Jungkook.

Immediately his cries softened to that of whispered sobs. And of course, it starts raining....

Love is like this.

Suddenly he stop crying.

His worst fear came true.

Memory is sadder than love.

His entire galaxy now no longer there.

He was smiling and giggling to himself.

What if this was just a dream?...