Chapter 6: My fiance

Josephines POV:

It's been 6 months since Since Alex became family. 2 months ago I turned 7 and I'm now the same age Alex. But he's going to turn 8 in 2 weeks.

My training is going well, my magic is at a great place. My double dagger technique is also going well, I combines the two, making ice daggers which is also now a new part of my training.

But my swordsmanship is not going so well. I'm not so good with long weapons. Within the 6 months Alexs swordsmanship is now better than mine.

I gave up swordsmanship completely and just focused on dagger practice and magic. 

Alex laughed at me for giving up.

Alex and I have a good relationship now, we fight, we sometimes tease each other but we get along well.

Alex and I are having afternoon tea when Jaime said my father wanted me to go to his office.

So I did, Alex even followed me. I don't mind.

We entered father's office.

"Good afternoon father, mother" we both say while bowing.

"Good you're both here." father says

"We have some news for you Jose" he continues

"The royal family has arranged an engagement for you and the crown prince.

Oh god... this day came.

"Why?" I questioned even though I know

"Political reasons, but we can try to cancel if you want Jose."

If they do that they might get killed.

"No, father, you can't say no to the royal family."

"But Jose yo-"

"Father it's alright." I cut off causing my father to frown. but after a moment of silence, he surrenders to my persistent face and nods.

"The crown prince will be here in 2 hours to meet you, the both of you have to welcome him."

"Yes father" we both said. Then we went out and back to my room

Alex sat in the chair next to my bed while I lied face down on my bed.

"What are you gonna do?"

"What can I do? Get engaged with him." I said groaning

"With your patience and temper, I feel sorry for the prince."

I lifted my head "Screw you!" I shot.

"Hahahahaha" He laughed nearly tipping back on his chair.

We got changed and went to greet prince Edgar

"Greetings to the sun of the empire, prince Edgar" we said at the same time

"Rise"

I looked at him. wow. He is good looking, I now know why I fell for him the first time around.

He has white hair and blue eyes. He was my height and had a veeerrryyyy nice face.

I just realise that boys grow later than us girls. I mean, Alex is also my height but they're both a year older than me.

Alex then says he'll leave Edgar and me alone then backed away while giving me a smirk. I rolled my eyes at him before turning back to direct my attention to the prince.

"Shall we go outside for some tea your highness?" I asked

"Yes." short but simple. Typical Edgar.