Chapter 25: War starts

The horses that are given to us are ones that have been trained for battle. Mine is a white horse that has red stripes of colour on it.

Fitting. We're going to spill blood. So I guess the red on white suits the situation.

Alex, lance and Luke all have black horses while Amy and Selina have brown ones. Why is mine the only unique one?

Oh wait... on of the senior knights in our division has a blue horse.

So never mind. Mine is considered normal.

We reach the boarder between the demons and our Kingdom

"All right Soldiers. We will set our base here, put up the tents and spread out the supplies, then we'll go through the plan." said one of the two senior knights.

"Who are you?" one of the soldiers shout

"Me? I am Jonathan Jale, part of the second division of the royal knights. And I am also your leader so have some manners soldier."

The guy who asked shut his mouth imminently.

"What are you all waiting for? Get going." says Sir Jale

Without a word, we all started moving and setting up the base.

Suddenly we hear what sounds like a thousand loud footsteps coming our way.

"Be ready! It's a surprise attack from the demons!" Sir Jale screams

I create my shadow-ice spear and stand ready, all the soldiers with me does the same...except Selina.

She's in this division because she can heal, but she can't fight, so right now she's hiding behind Luke.

Geez, if you can't fight at least don't bring other people down.

The demons come into sight and we charge towards them.

They're stronger than the ones they sent to the kingdom, but not too strong that I can't defeat them.

I start groaning as I slash and slash. 

there are way too many.

I put my focus of magic onto my foot and stomped the ground making the area around me turn into ice. I then clicked my fingers and shards of ice came from the ground, turning the demons around me into ash. 

That took alot out of my, a third of my magical energy is gone, oh god I'm tired.

Some of the soldiers looked at me in awe, this included Jonathan.

I looked at Luke protecting Selina, it made my stomach boil. He releases a flame form from his sword. It was a Phoenix that burned all the demons around him.

But right after, he was panting like he didn't have any oxygen. it must've been because he had to use one arm and half of his magic to protect Selina. 

That must of taken alot out of him, more than it did for me.

Soon the Demons surprise attack group was defeated. It was tiring half of the soldiers were panting, 1 or 2 were slightly injured.

But no one is dead....not yet at least.

One of the soldiers that was hurt had a wound on his shoulder, the blood was coming out of the uniform he was wearing.

"Oh mt! You're hurt. please sit down and let me heal you." Selina said with a worried look.

The soldier looked hesitant but then just shrugged and sat down.