Chapter 43: Surprise

The clouds outside turned grey and thunder roared scaring Selina and everyone in the room aside from Lance and myself.

What is with the tempers of these guys. I mean I have a very short temper, but Edgar and Luke have exceeded me.

"Look, I don't know what you want. But here's what I'm going to say. I don't want trouble or to have anything to do with you or anyone in this god damn kingdom. Don't worry though, I won't kill that wife of yours....I promise...but if you lay a finger on me or my daughter..I swear to god I will rip, her, you and everyone in this Fucking hell hole in half!"

I look him straight in the eye not looking away from his eyes that let out a-bit or spark like lightening.

That's defiantly new.

"She's not my wife."

"Seriously? You're going to correct my technicality? Fine, Fiancee. Better?"

He doesn't reply.

"Edgar. I'm tired. You're tired. Let's stop playing this game ok? You live your life, I'll life my life. Everyones happy. I'm tired....really tired. We're all old, we're not kids anymore."

His expression relaxes....

"Thank you for waking me up and scaring my daughter with your morning call, but I'm going to leave now."

I turn around and leave, thankfully he didn't stop me or anything.

Sigh.

I walk down the hall thinking about what food I should eat, I mean I'm hungry af.

"Josephine."

I turn around to see Luke who looks like he's just walked out of that room....training room.

Oh shit. don't want to deal with this.

I turn back around and continue walking until I was pulled backwards.

I turned around to see Luke staring at me intensely.

"What are you doing up this early...and coming from the ball room no less."

"What's it to you."

"I have to know so that I know threats won't accure"

I roll my eyes.

"I went there because Edgar called me there early in the morning."

His eyes narrows.

"Why?"

"To try to put me under house arrest. Now if you don't mind, let me go and stop bothering me."

"House arrest? Are you now?"

"As if he could actually succeed. Anyway, would you let go?" I try to shake my wrist but he doesn't let go. Oh fuck it.

"..."

Not letting go, I start freezing his hand even though I know it's no use.

"Let.Go."

He stares at me intensely

"Follow me." he drags we down the hall.

Oh god. Seriously!

"Luke! Luke! Let me go! I'm busy and I don't want to see you."

He turns his head and glares for me to shut up.

"Oh put that glare somewhere else! What do you want and where are you taking me you-"

Before I could finish, he pulls me into a room and shut the door so loud it echoed and rang in my ear.

"Josephine, stay away from Edgar." He whispers