Chapter 39: Stay away from my mask

"Josephine?" I hear a shaking voice from a distance to my right.

I turn my head out of shoke.

That name that nobody else but Felix should be calling right now... 

no way...

From a distance I see a familiar black haired boy with a face that looks like he's seen a ghost.

"Alex" I whisper.

My tears still on my cheek. My mask still in my hands.

My identity revealed to one of the ones I don't wish to have known.

"Josephine." Alex widens his eyes at me and walks towards me. I'm stuck. I'm frozen. I should move away but I'm not.

Quickly realising the situation I'm in, I wipe my tears of my face, but by the time I look back at where he was, Alex was already standing in front of my with shaking eyes.

"It's....really you."

Tears then form in his eyes as he puts both his hands on my shoulders.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

He apologises continuously as he cried right in front of me....shouldn't I be the one crying...I was betrayed... I was the one abandoned...

"I'm not asking for you forgiveness...I just....I want to make it up to you...where have you been."

My sensed are finally coming back...I'm not angry...I'm not sad...I'm calm...I'm disappointed. 

"Josephine. I'm sorry. I was shocked when the memories came back... and I suddenly felt the pain of before...but I know that's no excuse for what I did. I don't deserve to be called your brother..."

Up until now I haven't said anything

"Alex."

"Please Josephine, give me a chance."

He looks at me while tears roll down his cheeks and his whole body trembling.

"Is sorry all you can say? I mean this is just shameful."

His eyes widen

"If you chose to hate me and abandon me, then stick to that thought all the way, changing in the middle and begging is just shameful and embarrassing"

I glare with cold eyes.

"Josephine, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry."

I roll my eyes,

"What do you want me to do? Oh, it's fine brother, I forgive you brother, it's fine you abandoned me, put me in prison, and let those soldiers beat me up"

"We killed them-"

"Thats not the point." I cut him off "I would be a fucking idiot if I just let you back into my life."

"Please Josephine."

"Josephine is dead. Literally. Dead in the first life. Dead in this life. After my first death I told you I reincarnated as a girl named Sarah...History repeated itself. Right now I'm Sarah Stephine."

I take his hands off my shoulders

"Shouldn't you be threatening me right now, what was it you said 4 years ago, die and grieve, Well I did. So...now I'm back, shouldn't you be wanting to kill me? I mean I've been itching for a good fight." I crack my neck abit.

I'm lying....obviously, But not that much, it's just Alex so I can take him on, but not the others...but this works either way.

"Josephine...I'm sorry, I don't expect you to forgive me but-"