Chapter 24: Goodbye

Josephines POV:

The day has come where we go off to war against the Demons.

Alex and I went back to the mansion to say our goodbyes to Mother and father.

"Oh dear, my babies are going to war at such a young age!" My mother starts crying.

Alex and I both gave her a sympathetic smile before hugging her.

"Damn the king! He's making our children go when he isn't letting his own son attend the battle."

Father screams next to us.

"Mother, Father, don't worry about us. Bother and I are strong enough." I say trying to calm them down.

"Yeah, but if Jose is endanger, I'll save her."

"I would've delt with it without you help. I'm never in danger."

"Oh yeah. Keep going with the big talk." 

"Make sure the two of you stay warm, eat enough, drink enough, don't push yourselves into the front lines, and make sure to look after each other." Mothers says

Alex and I nod.

"Son, come here, I'll talk to you about something."

Father leads Alex into a seperate room, leaving mother and I alone.

"Sweetie, if worse comes to worse there will be something that will help you."

"Hm? What do yo mean mother?"

"I mean your fox form."

"What? I can't transform though."

"You can, even though you are a halvie you can. It is hard, but the only hard part is the first stage of getting it. Only under certain circumstances will you be able to get the power though."

(Halvie: Half human half animal)

"What are the circumstances?"

"That I cannot say, it's different for halvies and foxes. All I can say is, when you obtain the power, your strength will increase and so will your magic."

I nod while thinking about what she said.

"Understood mother."

Alex and father comes out of the room just as mother and I finish talking.

We say our good byes and head to the royal palace where we will stand with all the other soldiers before going to the battle field.

"What did you can father talk about?" I ask

"He was just telling me about war strategies and tips, that's all. What did you and mother talk about?"

"Nothing much."

I didn't want to tell him about the fox transformation mother was talking about, because he'll get worried for sure.

We get to the palace and change into armour and battle outfits.

(GIRLS)

(BOYS)

Everyone lines up by division. I was in the 2nd division with the rest of my classmates.

The king and Edgar with the rest of the royal family stood out on the terrance of the building, looking down on us and started his speech.

"Soldiers, you have been picked to defend this Kingdom and defeat the demons. We must protect all the citizens and our land while fighting our enemy.....(Long speech I do not want to write)... I wish you all the best."

Everyone bowed.

I guess the war officially starts.

End of Chapter 24

Authors note: Yeah Yeah, I know it's short. But...yeah. The wars boring but there is information of later on story drama.

28th Sunday February 2021

Sign: Tiggy