two

JAX

"Jax takes another win! His opponent is out cold!"

The pounding in my ears were insane along
with my insane breathing. Sweat dripped down my forehead as blood ran out of nose like a leaky faucet. A normal feeling after two people were brutally pummeling each other to what felt like death.

My arm was raised, declaring me the winner as the sounds of screams and cheers surrounded me. Spitting the mouth guard out of my mouth, I took a few deep breaths before lifting my head and scanning the crowd.

The cheers haven't calmed down even after I walked out of the gated ring. They sat me down in a chair, cleaning off the blood and tending to my wounds. I grabbed my water bottle, taking a swig then spitting into a bucket.

"You feel okay? No bad injuries?" A guy questioned.

"No, I'm fine. Just some bruises," I told him and he nodded.

After they patched me up, I put on the clothes I arrived with. I checked the time, cursing to myself knowing that Jackson would beat my ass if he knew I was here again. Walking out, I was flooded by multiple goodbyes from different as I made my way to my car.

Once I entered my car, I tossed my bag of sweaty clothes in the back and sped off, Aliya was heavily on my mind as usual.

Fighting is a way to let our anger and frustrations. That and drinking is another option I sometimes use. These two years have been hell. Jackson and I have been trying to find Aliya since the day she was taken from us.

We haven't found a fucking clue on where she is. My hope started to fade and that's when I got into fighting and drinking. I still believe she's alive though. We even checked her moms house to see if there was a sign of them, but there was nothing.

In a few days, maybe, we plan on going to her old home. Just to see if he maybe left any type of paperwork or anything that could lead us to her. The house isn't even the same without her there. Without hearing her voice, feeling her touch, or just seeing her smile.

I was just pushed back into that dark hole that she helped me escape from. It's like without her everything is dark and meaningless. Jackson has been trying to keep me sane along with himself. He may not admit it but he's suffering badly during all of this.

Jackson hardly sleeps because he's up all night working. He's been using his connections with other people to help us out as well. Basically doing everything he can to get Aliya back.

Long story short, it's been hell.

The house began to pull into view and I blew out a breath when I pulled into the drive way. Jackson's car was already parked and I knew it was gonna be hell when I walked in.

I closed the car door and tossed my bag over my shoulder, walking through the front door. Of course, Jackson was at the counter with a glass to his lips, taking small sips.

"Where have you been, Jax?" Jackson immediately questioned, looking my way.

"I was just out, no worries," I quickly responded.

"That's bullshit. You're carrying a workout bag and we have our own gym here. So where the hell were you?"

When I didn't answer, he put my cup down and followed me to my room, when I headed to save my things.