four

JAX

Mind racing, blood pumping, with sweat running down my forehead. Fourth fight of the night and he was almost out for the count. From the way his body was swaying, his vision was going out and he was losing balance. With a swing of my right hand, his body spun slowly before he fell to the ground.

I breathed out slowly, tilting my head back as the bell dinged, signaling the fight was over. As always, the crowd slapped against the gated ring with loud cheers.

My head was pounding and my hands were trembling. During the fight, Aliya was floating around in my head and while that was going on, I took a hard hit to the head. That could explain why I couldn't get my eyes to focus.

Without realizing, I was sat down in a chair and my injuries were getting tended to. They must've been pretty bad, seeing how long I was sitting here. The guy did get a good bit of hits in and they did a good bit of damage. Besides the headache, I don't even know what else was wrong.

I let out a breath of relief when my vision slowly started coming back to me. Another fight had already started by the time I was done. They told me to take it easy for a few days before ushering me off to the back.

Once I got there, I put on my extra clothes then chugged my entire bottle of water. I sat down on the bench, taking slow but deep breaths. A low groan rumbled in my throat when the pounding headache wouldn't go away.

I grabbed my pill bottle out of my bag and poured two pills in my hand, tossing them in my mouth then washing it down with water. After packing all my stuff up, I tossed my bag over my shoulder and walked out.

Once I headed out, a familiar car caught my sight and I let out an agitated groan. Jackson's figure walked out of the car and walked up to me with pissed off expression and his arms crossed.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

"About time your little fight ended," he stated.

"How'd you know I was here, Jackson?" I questioned him, stuffing my hands in my pockets.

"Don't try to question me. I told you to stop coming to these damn fights. Also, your location was on," he chuckled.

I sucked my teeth, blowing out a breath.

"I needed to blow some steam, alright?"

"Then take a damn jog, you moron. Would you rather get your ass beat to a pulp?"

When I didn't answer, he simply shook his head, chuckling lowly.

"Get your ass in the car, we'll finish this conversation at home," he demanded while walking towards the car.

"I'm not getting in the car. I can get home without your damn help," I told him.

Jackson stopped in his tracks then slowly turned back around to face me. He shook his head, exhaling slowly. In a quick second, his fist was connected to my jaw and my body stumbled back from the hit.

I clenched my jaw when his hands went to my collar and pulled me back up.

"For once in your life, stop acting like a little bitch, Jax. I don't know if you forgot but your girlfriend is coming back home tomorrow. If you don't get your shit together before she walks through that door tomorrow night, you won't be here when she gets back."