thirty

"Okay, Aliya, you need to calm down," Daniel said, following me while I paced.

"How do you expect me to calm down? Why're you so calm when he probably has your dad too?" I asked, running my hand through my hair.

"Because you said he didn't hear him, right? I have hope."

He was a terrible liar.

"The point is, he has my mom and if I don't go, she could die," I rushed out. "I can't just sit here."

"And you keep forgetting, that you're not in the position for that. There's no telling what he had planned to do to you, and your injuries have you at a disadvantage," Jackson said, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"We can't just sit here and do nothing, Jackson. That's my mother."

"I know and we'll figure something out. Until then, we'll pack our shit and think at home. I'm pretty sure he already knows where we are."

"Where did he say they were?" Daniel asked, bringing his eyes to me.

"U-Um, all he said was home," I told him.

"That's just great, that could be anywhere," he sighed.

"No, not really. The only place he'd call home is the place he raised me in. He wants me to go back there," I said, looking at them.

"Come on, we can't just let her fall into a death trap," Jax argued, looking at Jackson. "How do we know he won't take her like the first time?"

"At this point, we have no other choice but to take risks. Aliya is the only leverage we have at getting her mom and possible Kevin back," Jackson explained. "It's terrifying, but it's all we have for now."

"H-Hey, Daniel? Do you think your dad has anything that we could defend ourselves with?" I asked him.

"We could check the garage. That's probably the only place he'd keep them."

I nodded my head, walking off and going straight to the garage. Walking through the door, I turned on the lights and began to look around. The boys followed in behind me, digging around and trying to look for anything.

"Hey, look!" Daniel yelled, waving us over to him.

I ran to his side and he pushed a box closer to us, opening it up. We peeked inside and there was a small amount of guns, but we don't know if they were loaded. Daniel took out one, looking at me then at Jackson and Jax. Jackson took it in his hands, taking out a piece then pushing a bullet into his hand.

"This one's loaded, but it's not definite that the rest are too," he said, looking our way.

"We can't just test out all of the guns," Jax said, sighing.

"I will. You three start packing, and Jax pack my stuff for me."

Jax grabbed my hand and helped me up, walking me out of the garage. Daniel followed, but jogged upstairs instead. Once we made it to the room, I grabbed my suitcase from the closet and ran to the drawers, grabbing as much clothes as I could. Clearly, this wasn't the time to be folding everything, so I had to stuff what could fit.

I placed the suitcase on the bed then grabbed a duffel bag, tossing in more things that I brought. Jax tossed his bags on the bed and came over to help me finish pack. When I zipped up the bag, Jax turned me around and cupped my cheeks.

He looked terrified.

"I-I can't lose you again, okay?" He whispered, looking me in my eyes.

"You won't, baby," I said, holding his arm. "You won't."