thirty-one

"It's always a pleasure seeing my favorite daughter," he grinned.

"I'm your only daughter," I snapped.

"Oh, you get the point."

"Where's my mother?" I asked, backing away when he moved closer.

"She's safe."

"No, I need to know that she's alive," I said, looking at him.

"Why do you care so much about the woman who caused all of this anyways?" He questioned, crossing his arms.

"You don't seriously still believe that!"

"Don't raise your voice at me!" He snapped. "Think about it, Aliya. When she left is when everything went downhill."

"No! When you became an abusive drunk is when it all went downhill. Because you decided your only child like a fucking punching bag!"

"You needed it!" He yelled, grabbing my arm and pulling me closer. "When brats like you don't know how to respect their parents, you get a couple of beatings."

"Bullshit," I spat.

His grip on my arm got uncomfortably tighter and I couldn't help but wince. He clenched his jaw, narrowing his eyes at me before his palm met with my cheek. My head snapped to the side from the hit and it slowly began to sting. Before I could react, he threw me to the ground, throwing a kick to my stomach and I let out a sharp gasp.

"Get your fucking hands off of her!" Jax yelled, the other men holding him back.

"Still never learned your lesson, huh?" My father mumbled, holding my jaw tightly.

I spat in his face, making his hand move from my jaw. I let out a pained whine when he brought his foot to my stomach once more, bringing my arms over it. A harsh cough came out of me as I glanced over at the boys, who were still being held back.

"Now! I hear your mom started a brand new family without you, Aliya," he started to say.

"What's your point?" I mumbled.

"My point is she replaced you! She didn't care about you, sweetheart. Not as much as I did," he said, smiling sadistically.

"You're really fucking delusional," Jackson spoke up, chuckling.

"What was that, big mouth?"

"You fucking heard me," he snapped, bringing his eyes up to him. "If I'm gonna be honest, we're the only family Aliya's ever had."

"There wasn't any abusive assholes there, treating her like shit," Jax added, thrashing again.

"Or keeping her locked up for two years and torturing her," Daniel spat. "You're just a sick fuck with mental problems."

I quickly looked at my father when he began to laugh hysterically. He shook his head and took a deep breath, before looking back at them.

"Do you see this?" He asked, grabbing me by my hair and lifting my head up. "She's nothing and always will be nothing."

Don't believe it, don't believe it, Aliya.

I clenched my eyes shut but they instantly opened up again when he slapped me across my face once more.

"This worthless girl here was nothing but a damn burden," he spat. "I can't imagine the trouble she put you through when you took her away from me."

He was looking directly at Jax and Jackson when he said that.

"Fuck you, asshole! You don't know shit about Aliya, all you did was treat her like scum."

"Because that's how scum should be treated. Like nothing."

He kicked me back down to the ground then held his foot against my throat, pressing down. Everytime I tried to move it, he pressed down harder, cutting off my air passage. I gasped for air, punching his leg and digging my nails into it.

"Leave her alone already!" Jax yelled.

My eyes started to feel heavy and my vision started to blur, and he had yet to move his foot. Before I completely blacked out, he moved his foot and I took a deep breath, coughing harshly and holding my neck.

I got up to my hands and knees, blinking a few times to return my vision to normal. With another fistful of coughs, I looked back at my father, breathing heavily.

"Brings back memories, doesn't it, sweetheart?" He asked, smirking.

"Rot in hell," I rasped, coughing again.

"Such a brat," he spat.

He glanced upstairs, then nodded at one of the men by the front door. The man went upstairs and walked into one of the rooms. I jumped slightly when thudding came from the steps and my eyes widened when my mom groaned from the bottom of the stairs.

"Mama!" I yelled, standing up and rushing to her side.

Her cheeks were stained with dried tears and her mouth was covered with tape. I ripped the tape off and helped her upright, pushing the wet strands of hair out of her face.

"Are you okay?" I asked, wiping her tears.

"I should be asking you that," she choked out, looking up at me.

She looked so exhausted.

"Did he do anything to you?" I asked her, looking over her face.

She shook her head.

"Just tied me up and had his... men attack me."

I clenched my jaw slightly and took the tape off her wrists, tossing it to the side. When I glanced to the side, he was looking at us with a nonchalant look with his hands behind his back.

Then, he glanced at the door and another man dragged Kevin into the living room before pushing him to the ground. He let out harsh coughs before spitting out blood onto the floor.

"Dad- hey, let me go!" Daniel yelled, thrashing against the man's grip.

When my dad nodded his head, Daniel rushed towards Kevin, his voice cracking as he spoke to him. I helped mama up then walked her towards Kevin as we both dropped down next to him.

"What'd he do to you?" Daniel asked, grimacing at the blood over his face.

"The usual," he groaned. "Didn't think he would go easy on me, did you?"

All because he helped us, well... and marry my mom.

"That's all you're good at, aren't you? Getting your fucking goons to beat on people that won't do what you say?" Mama mumbled, slowly looking at him. "No wonder I left your sorry ass."

He clenched his jaw, walking towards us then dragging her towards him by her hair.

"No, let her go!" I yelled.

"This bitch did nothing for you! She left you and started a brand new family without you! I was the only one there for you, whether you believe it or not!"

"You abused her, Marcus! That isn't being there for her! You let another man rape your daughter, and you call that being there for her?!" Kevin yelled, bringing his eyes towards him.

"Shut up," he snapped.

"No, because I'm right. What kind of man let's their daughter go through that type of trauma? What kind of man puts their hands on their daughter to the point where she didn't even know what the hell a loving touch felt like, huh?!"

"Oh, shut the fuck up. This little fake family you've got won't last, because I'm going to end all of you one at a time. Starting with this bitch, here!"

"Don't, please," I begged, my eyes beginning to tear up.

"Hm, on one condition."

He pulled a gun out of his waistband then went to Jax, grabbing his arm and dropping him on his knees in front of me. He grabbed my hand, sticking it out and placing the gun in my hand.

"Shoot him."