ten

It's been a few weeks and I'm now able to leave the hospital. I was in the bathroom, changing into a tee shirt and sweatpants while the boys waited outside. Before I slid my shirt on, I looked at my stitched up wound in the mirror, rubbing the skin around it.

At least it'll be a badass scar.

I shook my head then pulled my shirt down before walking out of the bathroom. Jackson was leaning against the wall, beside the door, while Jax sat in the chair next to the bed.

They both looked exhausted, with their eye bags and messed up hair. I cleared my throat, catching their attention. Jax stood up and Jackson turned my way, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Ready to go home?" Jax asked.

I nodded with a slight smile as he took my hand in his, walking out with Jackson in front. Jackson took out his car keys and held the hospital doors open for us while he unlocked his car.

Jax sat in the backseat with me while Jackson obviously got on the drivers side. I rested my head on his Jax's shoulder while he brought an arm around my shoulder.

The ride was quiet, but comfortable. Jax's rubbed small circles on the top of my hand as it began to drizzle. I sat up and looked out the window, as the water came down even harder. It pounded against the car, shutting out the silence that surrounded us.

Jax's hand was rubbing small circles in my shoulder, glancing at me every few seconds. I glanced forward and noticed how Jackson's view quickly went back to the road.

Was he looking at me? I must be seeing things.

I shook it off then glanced outside, seeing the house pull up. A small shiver ran through my body and Jax noticed when he slightly pulled me closer.

"Don't worry. We won't be in here for long, I promise."

I nodded my head then slid out of the car after him and ran to the front door, avoiding the raindrops. Jax took out his key and unlocked the door, letting me inside first.

I'll admit, the house looked the same. Doesn't look like anyone's been downstairs, except in the kitchen, though. In instinct, I went upstairs to where Jax and I slept. The bed was a mess and it just felt weird being back here. I went into the bathroom and everything was the same except for the almost empty toothpaste, resting on the counter.

I turned around and Jax was behind me, hand shoved in his pockets and eyes glued to me. I nervously shifted my weight to my other foot, hesitantly looking back at him. 

"It's gonna be a dumb question, but... how's it feel to be back?" He asked, glancing around the room.

"Weird, abnormal," I said. "Hard to believe I made it out of there alive."

When he caught my eye again, he was walking towards me and throwing his arms around me. I hugged back and noticed how he made sure not to hit my stitches. I rested my head on his chest, inhaling his scent and hugging him tighter.

Jax then kissed the top of my head with a deep sigh, rubbing my back.

"I love you so much, you know that?" He whispered, kissing my forehead.

"Of course I do. And I love you," I said, looking at him.

He gave me a small smile, pecking my lips then pushing my hair away from my face.

"If you wanna take a quick shower, go right ahead. We'll be downstairs cleaning up a bit, okay?"

I nodded my head and watched as he walked out before I went into the room, looking the drawers.