thirty-two

"Shoot him."

"You're dumber than you think if you think she's gonna shoot him," Mama snapped.

"She will if she doesn't want to watch her precious family die," he said, mockingly. "Now, do it."

I looked at him then looked at the gun,
holding it tighter. He scoffed from behind me and snatched the gun out my hand, cocking it back and pressing it to the back of my head.

"Hey! Don't you fucking dare!" Jackson yelled, looking between me and Marcus.

"Or what? Not much you can do. I mean... you're all outnumbered," he said, pushing my head slightly with the gun.

Jax's eyes were on me the whole time while I was fighting back tears. It's like this man got more deluded while he was out doing who knows what. I shut my eyes tightly when he cocked the gun back, pushing it more against my head.

"Marcus, please!" Mama begged, glancing at me then looking back at him.

He hummed quietly then crouched down behind me, grabbing my hair and yanking my head back. He took the tip of the gun, dragging it across my cheek then lightly tapping it against my temple.

"Any last words, sweetheart?" He asked, smirking.

"Fuck you," I mumbled, bringing my head back and hitting him in the face.

He fell back with a groan, the gun falling out of his hand. I scurried towards it, quickly picking it up and aiming it at him.

"Alright now, don't do anything crazy," he chuckled, getting back up to his feet.

I held the gun in my hand tightly, my hands slightly shaking as I kept it aimed at him. Marcus wiped the blood from his nose, chuckling and shaking his head.

"Good hit, but damn did that hurt."

"That was the point," I snapped.

"What're you gonna do now, shoot me? Go ahead."

I glanced at the gun then at him, pulling the trigger.

Click

It wasn't loaded. It never was to begin with. He was toying with us from the moment he put the gun in my hand. When my eyes went back to him, he nodded his head. A sharp pain went through my head and I fell to the ground with a groan. The gun clattered across the floor, my hand going to my head, feeling a warm fluid.

"Still as dumb and useless as ever," Marcus spoke up, walking towards me.

I winced, instantly grabbing his wrist when he grabbed a fistful of my hair and lifted my head up.

"Just give it up, Aliya," he mumbled.

"Fuck... you."

He brought my head down, slamming it against the ground, making me cry out. I slowly lifted my head, blood staining the hardwood floor beneath me. Jax and Jackson were fighting against the ones who had them restrained. While Daniel and mama was trying to stop them from taking his dad away.

I looked over to the one who was guarding then stood up to my feet, rushing towards him and knocking him to the ground. I grabbed his gun from his waistband, hitting him across the face and knocking him unconscious.

Cocking the gun back, I brought it up shooting the men that held Jackson and Jax back. I then shot the one who was dragging Kevin away, watching him fall to the ground.

"Aliya-" Marcus warned, coming towards me.

"No!" I yelled, instantly aiming the gun at him.

"Alright, alright. Look, I'm unarmed," he said, raising his hands up.