twelve

ALIYA

Since shopping was done and I had all of my
things, I kind of got situated in the guest room. I don't know how long I plan on staying in here, but it's my only comfort zone for right now.

I haven't really been sleeping a lot and it's really annoying. Every time I close my eyes, his face appears in my view. I have no choice but to keep my eyes open, unless I wanna see him again. I've even tried taking medicine that makes you drowsy, and that doesn't even work.

I haven't seen or talked to my mom since I left and I don't think I plan to anytime soon. Not like I have anyways, so even if I wanted to, I couldn't.

Also, the police were supposed to be coming here since they're making this a whole investigation. So, now I don't have a choice but to talk about it, as much as I don't want to.

Jax and Jackson are gonna be there, of course, so they're gonna know everything. I'm just scared to see how they'll take all of this in. I mean... it is a lot to take in, you know? It's just a whole issue.

I just stepped out of the shower and picked up a bit in the bathroom, so that's out of the way. I think I'm going to Jackson his room back and just sleep on the couch. It isn't fair that he had to give up his room for me. Hopefully, when we get the new place, they'll be enough room for all of us.

In a few, we're going look at the house that they decided on. Before they pay the down payment and officially get it, they want my opinion on it. So, I threw on a pair of loose pants and a tee shirt with some old tennis shoes.

I tied my hair in a ponytail sat on the bed, sighing.

I feel so weak. Not just physically but also mentally.

I laid back on the bed, running my fingers through my hair. When I looked at my hand, my eyes instantly began to water and I let out a small sniffle.

He took the ring Jax gave me...

The one thing I had that reminded me of Jax, he took from me. It's like his only goal was- no, is to make my life a living hell. I have no clue what he did with it, but I will ask Kevin to see if he knows anything. My hand just looks... naked now.

I jolted up when the door swung up. Jackson stood in the doorway, looking at me before shaking his head.

"Um- we're heading out if you're ready."

"Yeah, Im ready."

I stood up and followed him out of the room then into the living room and out the front door. Jax followed right after us, handing me a water bottle.

"Thank you," I told him then kissed his cheek.

Baby steps, baby steps.

He looked at me with a smile before helping me into the car. Jax then got into the backseat before Jackson sped out of the driveway.

I took sips out of my water bottle while I looked out of the window. I felt a hand lightly tap my shoulder, and I glanced behind me, seeing Jax's hand laid out next to me. I put
my hand in his, interlocking our fingers.