eleven

JACKSON

Aliya nor Jax is awake yet. At least, I don't have a clue if they are. The guest bedroom is still
closed and so is the room door to Jax's room. I'm more than sure he was pissed when Aliya asked to sleep in the guest bedroom.

He's gotta suck it up and get used to it. I seen it coming when we found out what happened while she was gone. Well... part of what happened. We aren't gonna bother her about it and we'll wait until she's ready to talk about it.

I wouldn't wanna pressure her and make her feel like she isn't safe. Ever since she came back, how much I cared for her has grown, compared to two years go. She's my brothers girlfriend, obviously I'm gonna care.

With a slight groan, I ran my hands through my hair, the same moment Aliya walked out of the room. Her hair was all over and dark eye bags were noticeable. She noticed me standing in the kitchen, and waved at me with a slight smile.

"You feeling okay?" I asked her, leaning against the counter.

"Honest answer? Not really," she mumbled, rubbing her eyes.

"I can tell," I chuckled quietly, looking back  at her. "You hungry? I can whip something up."

"Sure, that'd be nice," she replied, going to the living room and sitting down with a slight wince.

I shook my head with a sigh then went to the kitchen, grabbing two pans and placing them on the stove, before spraying butter onto one of them. When I glanced back at Aliya, she was staring at her lap while playing with her nails.

She just looked lost and a little empty. I'm not gonna be that type of person and force her into therapy. Whatever she wants to do, Jax and I will be there every step of the way. This is not the time for her to be feeling alone.

I put a few strips of bacon in the pan and when Aliya strolled into the kitchen.

"Hey, Jackson?"

"Yeah?"

"Jax isn't upset with me, is he?" she asked, pushing her hair out of her face.

"No, he's just being a little bitch right now. Guess he was hoping to sleep in the same bed as you when you got back," I told her, flipping the bacon.

"I know that. I guess the way he walked out last night, made me think otherwise."

"That's understandable. Just don't take it too hard. If he starts acting like a dick, I'll beat his ass."

Aliya chuckled a bit and I smiled slightly, averting my attention back to the breakfast. She then poured the scrambled eggs into the pan and grabbed the spatula.

"I wanted to help," she spoke up when I looked at her, slightly confused. I nodded my head and once I noticed the bacon was finished, I placed them into the plate beside me.

Aliya was humming a song while stirring the pan of eggs, sprinkling a bit of seasoning every now and then. I went to cabinets, taking out two glasses then grabbing orange juice out of the fridge.

"You're cool with orange juice, right?"

"Yeah, that's fine," she said, pouring the eggs in a plate.