five

ALIYA

My heart has been pounding since I was woken up this morning, by my father. No physical torture this time, surprisingly. He just made me sit at the table while he ate breakfast and give the same lectured as usual. Today, my nervousness has went up by a thousand, since tonight is the night that Kevin was taking me out of here.

He also mentioned my mother but I don't know if he was just bluffing or serious. I still haven't forgiven her for letting Marcus back into her life in the first place. I know that he was already stalking me in the beginning but she made it worse by telling him where she and I lived.

Is it wrong for me to still... kind of hate her? I mean, she's still my mother. Everyone makes mistakes and I'm in no position to judge. She wasn't there my whole childhood and she didn't understand what she left me with. It still hurts because she didn't even try to understand what she did.

Today had an eerie feeling. Marcus, (aka my father) had me sitting where I would use to eat. The chains were cuffed around my ankles and I was sat against the wall. When he woke me up this morning, he looked emotionless. I know he was thinking a lot and that's what bothered me.

Is it possible he knows about Kevin's plan?

But if he did... wouldn't he have questioned me about it?

Even though there was a possibility that I wouldn't be getting tortured, I was still terrified. My arms were wrapped around my legs and my body was slightly trembling. I felt like a sick pet. A pet that they torture, humiliate, and use.

I stretched out my legs, causing the chains cuffed onto my ankles to rattle. A door opened that same moment and in walked my father, along with a bunch of his goons. My body tensed up when they got closer.

A certain man caught my eye and I instinctively scooted back even more. He smirked at me before running his tongue over his teeth. My so called father crouched down in front of me, looking over my face.

"You look terrible," he told me, slowly grinning.

"I can thank you for that," I mumbled, my breathing slowly beginning to pick up.

"I've given a free day from your punishments, don't make me change my mind." He snapped his fingers and another man walked to us with a tray of food.

"Been a while since your last meal, yeah? Eat up."

I glanced at the tray as it was placed down and something looked off about the food. While looking back at my father, I gently kicked the tray to the side.

"No thanks," I said. "I'll continue to starve."

He clenched his jaw then chuckled lowly.

"You're gonna be here for a long time, Aliya. I don't think it's your best choice to be disobedient," he muttered.

"Why, huh? I'll just get treated the same no matter how I act with you. From the minute mom left us those years ago, you took your pent up anger out on me. It's because I look just like her, right?"

Instead of answering, he just simply glared. I knew I was pushing some buttons but he deserves to know what he did to me.