twenty-nine

"Jax, I'm not getting in the damn basket. I can walk perfectly fine."

"You don't need to put pressure on your leg, Liya."

"I'm fine. I've been walking perfectly at home, and I'm walking perfectly now. So, cut it out," I told him, putting stuff in the basket.

"You must be forgetting that she's not the only one injured," Jackson spoke up, chuckling. "You both are, so shut up."

"You shut up," Jax replied back, nudging him.

"You're lucky you have concussion or I would've smacked you already," Jackson then grumbled.

"Will you two stop it?" I snapped. "You're too old for that shit."

I shook my head and kept walking down the aisles, ignoring the rest of their bickering.

We decided to just get stuff from a nearby store as a way to kill time and get out of the house. It's boring, but I got a little bit of fresh air for today.

Daniel stayed home with the adults, since he was sleeping in and we decided to let him sleep. Mama was iffy on me leaving the house, so I took Jax and Jackson with me, which I highly regret since they still never shut up yet.

I grabbed toilet paper and tossed it at them, hitting Jackson's chest. They both looked at me, rubbing the back of their neck.

"You two done yet?" I asked, crossing my arms.

They nodded their head, muttering an apology. Jackson glanced at me then looked away and I shook my head, sighing.

"Do you two need anything?" I then asked, looking at them.

"Nah, I think we're good," Jax replied, pushing the basket to the checkout line.

We went to the self-checkout line, only because we get it done in like less than ten minutes.  I grabbed a Sprite, scanning it quickly then opening it and chugging most of it down.

Items were scanned and bagged, and we carried it out to the car. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Kevin managed to get another car after what happened to the last one. Now, don't go and get suspicious, he still has a good bit of money left over from when he was working for Marcus. Which is why he managed to rent out the house.

"I'll bite you, move your ass," I told Jax when he tried to take the bags from me.

He huffed quietly and moved to the side, allowing me to place the bags in the trunk. Jackson chuckled from beside us, placing bags as well, while Jax turned on the car. After I placed the last few bags, Jackson took the basket and pushed it away while I shut the trunk closed.

I went to the backseat and climbed inside, closing the door and buckling my seatbelt. Jackson climbed into the drivers side, pushing Jax to the other seat then closing his door. I shook my head when Jax grunted, getting situated and putting on his seatbelt.

Jackson put the car in drive then sped off while I kept my eyes out of the window. It was kind of pitiful that we had to go grocery shopping to kill time and get out of the house. But it's really all we could do, honestly. If we went out to the park or something, we'd be paranoid the whole time, so there was no point in even trying that out.

We know what happened last time we went to the mall, so we aren't even going to bother trying that again. There really isn't many options for us, so grocery shopping and staying home sounds like the idea.

"Hey, were you two hungry?" Jackson asked, stopping at a red light.

"Yeah, a little," I said, sitting up a bit.