eighteen

"Jax," I whined, turning on my stomach.

"I'm bored and want attention," he grumbled while kissing my shoulder.

"And I'm tired and want to go back to sleep," I mumbled, rubbing my eyes

"And you did enough of that, damn it."

"No, because you woke me up."

Jax huffed from beside me and I no longer felt his presence. I turned over to look at him and he was staring at the tv with a pout. I wanted to laugh but instead, I covered it up with a smile and moved closer to him. He glanced down at me, slowly smiling as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

He moved a hand under my shirt, slowly rubbing my back while lightly scratching it. I hummed quietly and turned on my side, holding his hand and tracing shapes into it. Jax then grabbed the remote and went to Netflix, looking for a movie.

"You doing anything today?" I asked, looking up at him.

"No, just staying in. Why do you ask?"

"Just wondering. You and Jackson have been busy since I got back, so I thought you had stuff to do."

"Nah, I got a little break today," He chuckled, kissing the side of my head.

I shook my head, smiling then sat up a bit more.

"How's your side?" He asked, gently rubbing his fingers against the scar.

"I can move around a whole lot more than before. It doesn't hurt anymore, just sore," I replied, lifting my shirt slightly and looking over it.

"Have I told you how many times I'm glad we got you back?"

"A bunch," I chuckled.

"Well, I'm saying it again. I'm really glad we got you back, Liya. It was a mess over here without you," Jax admitted, leaning back.

"What do you mean?" I asked, sitting up.

"After about a year or so, I got into drinking and illegal underground fighting. It was the only way I could let my anger and emotions out."

"H-How bad did it get?"

"Ive blacked out a few times, been in the hospital, and even got into a fist-fight with Jackson. It was pretty bad," he sighed, running a hand down his face.

"How are you feeling now then?"

"I mean, after our last disagreement, we both know I went fight and drink. But, I'm stopping that. I was childish and I know better than to damage my own body because of emotions I can't control."

My eyes slightly widened and I was just shocked. We all know, if he was the same Jax he was when we first met, he would not be saying this at all. I'm honestly proud of him.

"Don't look so shocked, alright?" He said, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm an idiot and I got some work to do on myself."

"Sorry. I just... never thought I'd hear you say that. Especially out loud," I admitted, smiling at him. "But I am proud."

A shade of red flushed over his cheeks as he looked away, clearing his throat. "T-Thanks."

"Are you blushing, Jax?" I asked, teasingly with a grin.

"N-No, shut up," he grumbled, crossing his arms.

He glared at me when I started laughing and I instantly slapped my hand over my mouth. After a few chuckles and snorts, my laughing ceased and I kept my mouth shut. Jax looked at me, fighting back a smile before laughing a bit and pulling me on his lap.