thirteen

Call us impatient, but we're moving in! It's been a few days since we all seen the house and decided it was the one. Right now, everybody's setting up their rooms. For now, I'm putting my things in one of the guest rooms upstairs. It's next to the room that was supposed to belong to me and Jax. I'm more than sure he saw this coming, so he didn't really say anything.

Jackson helped me with the bed and my dresser, so all I had to do was just organize everything a little. Since I knew that I would eventually end up with the room with Jax, I didn't unload everything and instead put it in the closet. It was big enough, so might as well.

Once my temporary room was done, I sat on the bed and took a deep breath. My stitches have been healing up nicely, I'm just ready for them to get the hell out of my side. They itch and it's hard to not scratch around it or the area itself.

Jax peeked inside the room, gently knocking on the door.

"You don't have to knock, Jax," I chuckled.

"I wanted to be respectful," he grinned smugly, walking inside. "Damn, you finished the room fast."

"Most of my stuff is in the closet for when I move in the room with you. That way it won't take as long."

"You think that'll be anytime soon?" He asked, looking at me.

"I honestly don't know, Jax," I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"It's alright, I was just wondering. No pressure."

I nodded my head.

"Were you hungry or anything. Jackson's whipping something up downstairs," he said, opening the door wider.

"I'm starving," I chuckled, following him out of the room and downstairs.

Jackson was putting plates across the counter and fixing drinks.

"Hurry up, before your food in front of you," he said, looking at us.

"Keep those nasty ass hands away from my plate," Jax retorted, walking to the counter and sitting in front of a plate.

I sat beside him and smiled widely at the fresh plate of spaghetti. Jax then handed us a fork and I was the first to dig in.

"We got any parmesan cheese?" I mumbled, chewing the noodles.

Jackson chuckled then grabbed it from the cabinet and handed it to me. I sprinkled it over my plate then stirred it up before digging in again.

"Slow down, I'm not doing CPR on you."

I wiped my mouth then grabbed my cup, taking quick sips.

"At least she's eating a lot more," Jax chuckled.

I smiled a bit, eating another forkful then stirring it up again.

"So, what do we do now?" I asked, looking at the guys.

"Get settled in for starters. Then, we need to see if the school you went to will still give you your diploma," Jackson said, sitting across from me. "You graduated but you weren't able to get your diploma because of... you know."

I nodded my head, sighing. "You think they'll still give it to me?"

"Maybe if you have the right paperwork. I doubt they'll make you repeat your senior year. Just in case, we have to get that shit figured out," he said.

That's when I remembered the promise ring.

"Jax," I called him, turning towards him.