six

Just when I thought this couldn't get any worse. The devil himself comes from hell.

"What the hell are we gonna do now?" I asked Kevin in a hushed whisper.

"He doesn't sound close so we gotta hurry up and get your mom out of these chains," he replied in a rush, quickly going to my mom and taking out a key.

I moved out of the way, keeping my eyes on the door and the gun tight in my hand. The sound of the chains hitting the ground instantly caught my attention and I let out a sigh of relief. Mama's arms were free, now Kevin has to take the chains off of her legs. Her body was physically trembling and it killed me just to imagine what the hell did they to her in here.

"Aliya! I don't have time for your bullshit right now! Bring your ass out!" My father yelled again, yet his voice was a bit clearer.

"Anytime now," I mumbled to Kevin, glancing at him.

"Got it," he replied, the sound of the chains clattering following after.

He scooped Mama up into his arms and handed me his gun. Kevin looked out the door first then urged me to follow him as he headed out. Our steps were quick but quiet as we traveled throughout the house — at this point, I don't even believe if it's a house now.

Maybe a torture chamber just for me and mama.

I couldn't help but look behind my back while we were walking. Kevin made sure to keep a close eye on me and if it seemed like I was too far behind, he stopped for a few seconds so I can catch up.

"This place is huge," I whispered, looking around.

"He wanted it this big," Kevin spoke up, sighing. "He wanted it to be harder for all of you to escape."

It makes sense. If it was just a simple house, it would've been too easy for us to break out of here.

"Aliya!" His booming voice echoed through the hallways, making my body flinch and my eyes slightly widen.

It's happening again. My body's frozen, senses aren't even on high alert anymore.

"Aliya, come on. You gotta snap out of it," Kevin spoke up, walking towards me.

He patted my cheek and a soft gasp came out of me before my eyes met his. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders then started walking again.

A scream broke out of me when bullets came flying our way, hitting the walls around us. I turned around and my eyes widened when I saw my father along with a bunch of his goons, guns pointed toward us.

"Let's go!"

Kevin grabbed my hand tightly with his free arm and ran down the hall. The more we ran, the more I heard triggers being pulled.

"Don't make this harder than it has to be Aliya!"

We made a swift turn then ran into an empty room, shutting the door closed. I brought my hands over my ears when they started to shoot at the door. I turned around and saw Kevin putting my mom against the wall.

He reached into his jacket, grabbing a water bottle and twisting off the top, putting it to her mouth.

"I know this isn't the right time, but... how come you two know each other? Did you always help her like you did me?" I asked him, walking towards them.

"No," he responded before looking back at me. That's when he lifted his hand, showing a wedding ring. "We're married."

I looked at his hand, my eyes widening. That's when I remembered...