nine

JAX

"If you wanna go see Aliya, then get your ass up! You got half an hour or I'm leaving without you," Jackson yelled once again before walking out of my room.

Couldn't he have just said thirty minutes? Always has to be difficult.

I sat up with a low groan and checked the time on my clock.

For fucks sake, I had to oversleep today?

"Jax!" Jackson yelled, once again, from downstairs.

"I'm coming, damn!" I yelled back before tossing the blankets off of me and getting out of bed.

As usual, Jackson has the house cold as shit so I felt like a popsicle. I walked in the bathroom and turned on the light, damn near blinding myself. Looking at myself, I grimaced when I saw how shitty I looked.

Fuck the bed head, it was the bags under my eyes that did it. Along with a few scars on my arms and chest from the fighting stuff. With a shake of my head, I turned on the shower then stripped out of my clothes before stepping in.

I've been worried about Aliya. I mean, really worried. Not just about her physical state but her mental state as well. It's not the same as when she was staying with her father.

She was kidnapped and tortured, probably worse than when she was living with him. Jackson and I both noticed that she obviously changed, and now we have to do our best to make sure she's comfortable and not to push her past any limits.

I tilted my head back, running my hand through my wet hair while taking deep breaths. My hands looked like they were healing up good, thank god for that.

I turned the water off then stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my waist. When I went into my room, I pulled on a pair of boxers and shorts then started to dry my hair before pulling on a tee shirt. After grabbing my phone, I walked out of my room then jogged downstairs.

Jackson tossed me a water bottle and I caught it with ease. I took a glance at him and he looked back at me before sighing.

"You think this'll get better?" He asked, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Maybe we should ask Aliya that when we get there," I responded before walking out the door.

He followed behind, making sure to lock the front door. I was already settled into the passenger seat when Jackson got in and started the car. He sped off and I kept my eyes forward, tapping my thumb on my thigh.

We're gonna have to go shopping for her. Bath soap, new clothes. Maybe a new phone, not to sure about that part. Just the basics that she's gonna need, I guess.

Jackson was pretty much quiet the whole time. It's hard to tell what he's thinking, or if he's thinking at all. Right now his face is just... blank. No emotion whatsoever.

"Jackson," I called him, looking his way.

"Yeah?" He answered, keeping his eyes on the road.

"You alright?" I asked.

"I'm fine."

I hummed quietly then looked away from him, not bothering him anymore. When we made it to the hospital, I hopped out and headed inside. Jackson was right behind me when I made it to Aliya's room, knocking softly.