eight

ALIYA

It's been almost a week since I was registered into the hospital. The surgery wasn't as intense as I thought since the bullet didn't go too deep, but it was deep enough to the point I needed stitches. My side was killing me and it felt like I haven't slept in years.

I was also having trouble digest food so they were mainly giving me fluids and small portions of food. Such as yogurt, jello, and stuff like that. Every-time I've tried to eat solid foods or large portions, it was just come back up.

My body's sore from laying in bed all day. The only time I get up is to use the bathroom and that's with the help of the nurses. The nurses have been here a lot since I didn't feel very comfortable with the male doctors. They understood so they decided to give me a female doctor to do my exams and tests.

The most they've done is blood work and my daily check ups since my body is too weak to actually stand up on my own. Not only that, I just don't want to show my body. Let alone, look at it myself. Yes, I know, I am in a hospital so my body has to be seen, but just the thought of it sends a chill down my spine.

I'm still be able to see my arms and the scattered bruises and lashes made my eyes water. I let out a quiet sniffle while staring at the wall in front of me.

Thirteen years of abuse from him. Counting living with him and recent events... I can't believe it

Why did I get stuck with a father with him? Couldn't she meet a nice guy who actually wanted kids so he can love and not abuse? He probably gave her a nice guy persona to lure her in before showing who he really is.

A long deep sigh blew out of my mouth as I brought a hand to my hair, running my fingers through it. A knock on the door made me jump slightly before I told them to come in.

In walked Kevin and mom who was being wheeled in by him. She had a few scars across her cheek along with some trailing down her collarbone. Kevin closed the door behind them then mom wheeled herself closer to the bed.

"Hey, honey," she said with a raspy voice and a slight smile.

"Hey, mama. How you feeling?"

"Sore, kind of numb. What about you, hm?"

"Exhausted and in pain," I sighed. "All my limbs feel stiff."

"The glory of laying in bed all day," Mom said sarcastically.

I had to stop myself from chuckling, taking note of my injured side.

"You been sleeping okay?" Kevin asked, looking at me.

"It's been decent sleep but not long. The most I sleep at night is three to four hours at the most. Better than nothing, though."

"At least you're resting your eyes," Mom said, holding my hand. She quietly sighed before looking at me again while gently squeezing my hand. "How are you really feeling? About all of this?"

I looked up at the ceiling, humming quietly.

"Relieved that we're out of there but... scarred. Not just physically, but mentally. I-I thought after staying with Jax two years ago that I'd be okay... but I was wrong," I muttered out, looking back at her.