nineteen

JAX

"What the fuck are you talking about, Jackson? You better be messing around, man."

"I wouldn't joke about shit like this," he said, leaning against the door. "At least I told you, instead of trying to make a pass at her."

"What's that supposed to mean? Were you thinking about it?" I scoffed, shaking my head.

"No! Jesus, Jax. I'm not an asshole, and I damn sure wouldn't go after a woman who's already taken," he said back.

"But you have no problem thinking about her in a romantic way!"

"It's not like I can control that, Jax!"

"Alright, stop up," Aliya spoke up. "Cut Jackson some slack. He wasn't disrespectful about his feelings and he distanced himself instead of taking it out of hand. You gotta give him that much."

"So, I'm supposed to be okay with my brother wanting my girlfriend," I muttered, shaking my head.

"I didn't say that. At least stop yelling at each other and actually talk about this."

"There's nothing to talk about! He crossed a fucking line, Aliya," I snapped, keeping my eyes on Jackson.

"I'll admit, yes. I shouldn't have been attracted to Aliya. That was wrong, but I haven't physically done anything to or with her. I don't plan on it either, because unlike other guys... I wouldn't violate her or you in that way, Jax."

"It's still a violation, whether you see it that way or not. What if I wasn't here?! What would you have done then?" I yelled, moving closer to him.

"Not a damn thing! You're making it seem like I'm some fucking pervert, Jax!" Jackson yelled back.

"You're not looking so good right now either way!"

"Aliya took a fucking bullet for me! I owe her my life and you think I'd do that to her? I'm your brother, Jax! You forgotten that already?"

"No, I didn't forget that! But I don't trust you one bit right now."

"For fucks sake, what do you want me to do?! I had the decency to tell you, I took myself away for a while. If you want me to leave, I'll fucking do that. You won't have to hear from me again. That's what you want?"

"O-Of course not," I muttered, sighing. "I can't really be happy about this situation."

"And I wouldn't ask you to. I just need you to understand that I wouldn't do anything to intentionally hurt you or Aliya. After everything we've been through, and you really think I'd do that."

"You're right... I-I'm sorry."

I ran my hands down my face and blew out a breath.

"I'll go shower and let you two talk," Aliya said, kissing my cheek then walking off.

I went to the couch and sat down, while Jackson followed.

"When did you start... feeling things for Liya?"

"I guess when she got back, when she was getting close with me and I was taking her everywhere.. it started there. After that it just... increased."

I nodded my head, humming quietly.

"I don't want you to leave us, but I don't know..."

"Look, if you want me to stay at a hotel or something for a while then-"

"N-No. That's too much money, plus having to pay the rent," I sighed, leaning back. "I'm sorry, man. I shouldn't have reacted like that and I know that you wouldn't do anything like that. God.."