51. If It's My Last Night With You

"So, do you have a plan in mind?" I asked Peter as we ran down the hall towards the back exit, taking awkward strides in my heels as he hurriedly put his makeshift Spider-Man suit on

   "So, do you have a plan in mind?" I asked Peter as we ran down the hall towards the back exit, taking awkward strides in my heels as he hurriedly put his makeshift Spider-Man suit on. "A step one?"

"Yeah, track my phone," he panted, pulling on his mask and hoodie. "I left it in his car."

"Track it how?"

"Never really got to that part."

"Superb," I scoffed, throwing the doors open. The back of the school lot was filled with buses. "Now, let's get this-" I was punched in the back and flew down on the concrete into a tumble. My metal fingers scraped against the ground as I fixed myself, glaring in pain at the man who had just attacked me. "Well that was very rude," I hissed at him.

"You're not Spider-Man," he realized out loud, pulling his fist close to his chest. It was covered by a glowing gauntlet. Peter came racing in his direction only to get punched through a bus. "But you are."

"What the hell?" Peter cursed, hunching over.

"What's with the crappy costume?" the guy commented, preparing the gauntlet for another shot. Peter tried to shoot from his web-shooter, but it had broken off the suit. "I wasn't sure about this thing at first..." He hit a school bus in Peter's direction, drawing him out so he could throw him into another bus. "... but damn." He turned around, looking at me with a smirk. "You know, I recognize you now. Boss said that Isabel Stark might be paired up with the red freak. I saw you on the ferry," he clucks his tongue at me disapprovingly, taking slow, mocking steps toward me. "You need to work on your spying."

"You need to work on trying to intimidate people," I spat, standing weakly to my feet. "It isn't working." The man glared at me, pulling his fist back to hit me, the gauntlet glowing white. A strand of webbing shot through the air and attached to it. I followed the strand to see Ned holding the missing web-shooter with wide eyes.

"What do I do now?" he yelled at me in terror, his arms shaking as the man tried to tear the webbing off. "Isabel?!?"

"Throw it!" I told him, catching it from the air with my metal hand. The bands fitted themselves around my wrist, allowing me to use the web strand and throw the guy into a bus. As he slumped to the ground, I pulled my middle and ring finger in, hitting a button to trap him against the bus with a splatter of webbing.

"That's the coolest thing ever," Ned awed, coming beside me and mimicking my movement. "Take that, mister!"

"Ned, there isn't much time." The two of us turned to see Peter walking in our direction with a slight limp. His mask wasn't covering his mouth as he breathed heavily. "The guy with the wings is Liz's dad."

"What?"

"I know. I gotta tell Mr. Stark," he continued, coming over to my side and leaning on me for support. Ned looked between the two of us in confusion. "Call Happy Hogan. He's Mr. Stark's head of security. And, uh, get a computer to track my phone for me."