15. Welcome To Florida!

"Is Florida always this humid?" Peter complained as he rubbed his sweaty neck. He looked ready to rip off his shirt in the heat. I laughed as we pulled our suitcases into the hotel lobby.

"Obviously you've never visited a state by the Equator," I joked, walking up to the receptionist's desk. "Hi, I'm checking in for Bella Star?"

"Of course," the male there greeted. His fingers seemed like lightening as he typed on his computer. The man handed me two cards with a QR code on the bottom. "Room 245, third floor."

"Thanks," I said cheerfully, and I handed Peter a card. I stuck mine in my back pocket. "If you lose this, I will kill you."

"But you have one," Peter pointed out as we crossed the lobby and entered a swanky looking elevator, which of course played... the swanky music. I groaned.

"Peter, all I'm saying is if you get locked out, you better hope you have your key because I have a feeling I'm gonna lose mine." Peter laughed, and I couldn't help but laugh along with him. I was trying to keep my mind off of my realization, but every time I did, it came back stronger than ever. Even though I liked him, what if he didn't like me back?

As the elevator doors opened, Peter's mouth fell open. "No... no way! This is huge!" I'll admit, this hotel was pretty fancy. Peter and I were facing a long hallway trimmed with light green and white accents. This looked like a hotel my father would stay in. "How-how did you-"

"A-all... all I said was the name Stark and an being one of his assistants," I stammered, being the first to walk forward into the grand hallway. "That opens a lot of doors." I took a deep breath to pull myself together and pointed to a door about twenty feet away. "That's Room 245. Shall we?"

"I'll race you," Peter replied eagerly.

"Peter, it's not even that fa- oh fine," I grinned, and I started sprinting toward our door. Peter spurted out a few words on how I was unfair, but he was quick to catch up. The wheels on our suitcases seemed to scream as we pulled them faster than they were meant to go. I was just about to pull ahead when I felt something yank me back. I fell to the floor, and Peter threw a fist in the air when he reached the door.

"And the fastest man alive is now Peter Parker!" he cheered. I rolled my eyes and pointed to my shoe.

"And also the world's best cheater," I added, and he took a guilty glance at the webbing he had fired to connect my flip flop to the fancy carpet. "Asshole," I laughed. Peter gave a chuckle and used his strength to rip his webs.

"Okay, fine, I cheated," Peter admitted as he helped me to my feet. "But you set yourself up. We both know I'm the faster one."

"We can test that theory another time," I smirked, pulling my flip flop off the ground to examine it. I could see a small star-shaped rip, and I rubbed my finger against the indention. "Man, you left a mark."

"If they're that important, I can buy you a new pair," he offered as I slid the shoe back on my foot. I shook my head and slid my room key out of my back pocket. The door gave a small beep, and I pulled open the door.

"I don't care about shoes that much," I chuckled, not turning around to see Peter's astounded expression. After seeing the hallway, I had a feeling our room would look expensive right now. Not as fancy, but close. "Welcome to Florida, Peter."

"Woah!" I heard Peter mutter behind me, his voice sounding similar to a child's. "Can I go on trips with you more often?" I gave a snort as I led him through the living room and into his room. . "This is comfy!" he said as his body bounced lightly. I felt myself giggle, and I covered my mouth in surprise. Peter swung his legs over the side of the bed and tilted his head at me. "I've heard laughter from you, but I've never heard that."